Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

celebrate

I am thinking of booking at this hotel pre and post cruise on the POAM. Has anyone stayed here.. is it near things and clean ?. Did you do it through NCL and did they take your bags and get you there like the Marriott? It did seem like it was less money through NCL but they would not tell me what kind of room or bed. I definately need a King bed. Any information about this hotel would be appreciated.

:) :)

The reviews I have read say the Hilton and the Marriott have it beat; even the Radisson has better customer reviews.

Probably not bad though and you probably got a good deal on it too. We have the Radisson pre stay since it came with our NCL fly, hotel and cruise deal. But I decided to pay $297 for three of us to stay in the Marriottl one day post stay. It sounds the nicest other than the Hilton that many love too.

Marriott has the quick NCL check in which is very appealing to me too, but my pkg did not allow me to pay extra and change hotels.

we are staying 4 nights precruise at this hotel in nov. I did post that question months ago and someone told me it was nice and right across the street from the beach. You can also use the other sheraton's facilities i believe if you want to, beach and pool i assume. We booked through ncl with our travel agent and it does include transfers and were told we would book and have our luggage transferred by ncl. I dont know what kind of room we have either. Guess it depends on how busy they are at the time of checkin.

I've read both good and bad reviews on the Princess. We've stayed there on two occasions, in 1988 and again in 2002. Our experiences were fine although we were in a "city view" room. One overlooking the parking garage and service entrance, the other was a blank wall. They do have a nice pool and a Hawaiian show in the evening.

I don't know if you can use other Sheraton facilities, but all beaches are open to the public.

NCL put us here as part of a package deal with our Wind cruise. We were thouroughly pleased. I had read reviews of the rooms that one got with the package and didn't expect much - boy was I surprised to get a room with an ocean view overlooking the pool area. We left our balcony door open both nights and went to sleep with a wonderful breeze and the music of the Hawaiian pool band (not very loud as we were on the 21st floor). Although I like the location of the east end of Waikiki better (stayed there the year before on a land vacation), the SPK is a very convenient location and a nice property.

Thanks for you help...yes Donna, I do have a good price on my own and decided not to go through NCL. Since you all had different rooms I called the hotel direct and they said I would get a double bed with the NCL package...so Jlines you made out good. I need a king bed and can't take that chance. She told me it was a city view..not near the garage and she would put Mt. view and try to get me that...she was very nice. Also said I could call and give flight arrival and they would set up transportation from the airport..of couse I pay but at least we won't have to go chasing around at the airport looking after a long long flight. Phinn I will let you know how the hotel is:) bug dan I looked up about the show and it sounds pretty good, in fact they are offering a 30% off internet coupon so that would make the price a lot less so we may do that too...

Thanks for your help everyone:)

Have a good time, and yes post your opinion of the hotel. I would appreciate that. I would love to hear about the show too, we have 4 nights precruise here.When do you leave? If its sooner than me in November, you must be getting excited..i know i am!!

If you're looking for something to do in the early evening, King's Village is right across the street from The Princess Kaiulani, here's the web site. They have a "close order" drill team and they put on quite a show. Also about a block away on Kauakala Ave in the evening they put on a Hula show or other entertainment right on the beach. It's free and they also have a torch lighting ceremony.

http://www.kings-village.com/information.html

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that on our second visit to the Kaiulani, we came back to our room one evening to find a big bowl of fresh fruit. It was compliments of the manager because we had stayed there previously. I thought that was a nice gesture.

Well pbinn...we are going on a cruise before you..what ship are you on? We are on the POAM in Sept. so we can tell you about the hotel and maybe the ship if it is the same one. I have been so busy and it's just sinking in now (That I have to make my final payment) and we sure are getting excited. Just starting to plan things now and figure out what we are going to do. Trying to decide if we should do dinner and the show or just the show. Have you made any decisions on what you will do yet?:eek:

Bug dan...thanks for the site..I looked it over and it sounds like it would be fun to do being so close. We are staying 3 days before our cruise and 2 after...maybe they will give us some fruit too...at least pineapple...I just love pineapple. I see you are going to Bermuda..have you ever been there? We have been about 9 times(years ago ) and just loved it. We always stayed at Elboow Beach and it was so beautiful:)

This will be our third cruise on the Horizon to Bermuda. For us it's only a short distance away, but we're still partial to Hawaii. Right now, the trip is a little doubtful as my wife broke her hip in May, but we're still hoping to go:)

we will be on the pride of aloha in early november. 12 of us going. I do know we all plan on doing pearl harbor one day and the polynesian center another precruise..the other day may just a beach, snorkel day for us. We really havent decided on which excursions yet. renting a car on maui i think since we will be docked over night there. Have a good trip a

Can anyone tell me the best was to rent a car, do we have to pick it up at the airport, are their locations by the hotel. And my next question is how is the parking around the Sheraton and what are the fees. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Paul

We've picked up cars at Alamo, post cruise, at the airport location although they do have an office at the Ilikai. They did have a shuttle from the pier to the Ilikai location, but not to the airport. Taxi fare was about $15. Our last trip in Nov '04, we used National and picked the car up at their Waikiki office, just past the Ala Moana shopping mall and dropped it off at the airport when we returned to the mainland with no drop off fee. While Ala Moana Shopping Mall and the Ilikai are within walking distance from the Princess Kaiulani Hotel, it's a pretty long walk.

There is a small parking garage at the Kaiulani, I think the price was around $5 per nite, but this was in 2002. Most hotels now charge from $10 on up for park it yourself, more for valet.

bugdan So sorry to hear about your wife. :( How long does it take to heal a hip? That would be a bummmer if you can't go..do you have insurance? I need to finalize my trip by the 4th and get insurance.

pbin..That should be fun with so many people going...and the ship is big enough to hide if you need some alone time........:eek: We will do Pearl Harbor too..also Diamond Head and maybe a trip around the island. Havn't started to look what to do on the other islands yet. As for the beach and water things...not top of the list as we live in FL.

Celebrate,

My wife goes back to the surgeon this week and hopefully she will be able to put some weight on the side she had the fracture on. Our final payment is due around the 13th of July, maybe by then we'll have a better idea.

bug dan..I wish your wife good luck with her Dr.'s appointment... Let us know how she makes out.

We are booked...:) had to do it by the fouth so we are a go....I am so excited. we are also booked at the Sheraton PK . Now we need to see what we want to do on the other islands..So i will be asking lots of questions:eek:

Archived