Marina Oceania Suite - outlets?

cruisewmn

Here's an odd question, but I'm hoping someone might know the answer. Are there both European and American style outlets in the master bathroom? I have both types of hair dryers, curlers, etc., but am debating which to pack. Since the rest of my ground trip is in the UK, I'd prefer to take the European ones, but if outlets are limited in the suite, I'd have to rethink that move. Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

European and UK outlets are not the same, beware. I try to attach the different types here, so that you can check what you have. The bulky one with the square pins is the UK, the round one and the 2pin small one are Europeans.

If you bring a European or an American hairdryer, you will need a converter for the UK system.

It is probably better to bring your European, as the voltage in Europe (incl. UK) is 230 V, so at least you won't need a transformer.

Enjoy your cruise

1667656826_Europeanplug.jpg.18b830fee46f5f578c6193e93f9be827.jpg

1614387486_Europeanplug2pin.jpg.0217a69b9b0f4cb9619b9848745015fc.jpg

2133937556_Europeansocket.jpg.99793eabec4194e65dd95ca2fa2b52ce.jpg

588739132_UKsocket.jpg.18b79e3ef1ab7671ae6c6d1257908c4e.jpg

760641787_UKplug.jpg.7f3b74dfa1c4e8fe8b3ab5bcff509561.jpg

I was in the PH suite and found there to be plenty of outlets. Both North American and European plugs were available. You cannot use the dryer in the bathroom. Fire hazard.

An "Oceania Suite" is a specific cabin grade on the Oceania Class Ships.

There is one of each in the bathroom, but you are limited to 20 watts of power, just enough for a shaver or to charge a toothbrush. The outlets in the bedroom will run a hair dryer. Adapters and transformers may be required based on where you are coming from.

We were just in an Oceania Suite on the Riviera and I used the European plugs for my hair dryer and flat iron which I purchased in France years ago. There are also America plugs right next to the European ones at the dressing table. You can not plug in in the bathroom.

Archived