Why did Carnival stop going to Bermuda?

KPfromCT

ROFL Breakaway is Larger and newer than any CCL ship

I totally understand what you're saying but I think their ships are just ugly!!!! I have absolutely no desire to cruise on them. I guess I'm what you would call a carnival cheerleader.

ROFL Breakaway is Larger and newer than any CCL ship

You know I was thinking that when I read the reply from Carnival but didn't say anything. I'm not as versed on the ships as some of you guys but I thought the Breakaway was big big! Plus the OP references that it's a monster. Lol

You know I was thinking that when I read the reply from Carnival but didn't say anything. I'm not as versed on the ships as some of you guys but I thought the Breakaway was big big! Plus the OP references that it's a monster. Lol

Okay first of all it's not that much newer than the Breeze!!!! Secondly the breeze looks much nicer than the breakaway. We cruised on the Breeze in April and I loved it. Say what you want to say I just think Norwegian ships are ugly. Lol

Okay first of all it's not that much newer than the Breeze!!!! Secondly the breeze looks much nicer than the breakaway. We cruised on the Breeze in April and I loved it. Say what you want to say I just think Norwegian ships are ugly. Lol

Still more aesthetically pleasing than the Norwegian Epic.

2llbq7l.png

Source: ncl.com

Edit: re-sized image

We went to Bermuda last Oct. on the Explorer of the Seas. It docked back in NJ the day Sandy got here. We were docked in Bermuda about 3 days. My dh and I did not care for the cruise. I hated the atmosphere on the ship at night when it was docked. We really didn't care to be off the ship once we got back on after a day out. You have to take the ferry to go anywhere else other then what's right around the dock, which isn't a whole lot.

I would like to go back, but only if it docked in Hamilton. Bermuda is beautiful! We had wonderful weather when we were there. It would be a good cruise for people that get sea sick or first cruise.

We went to Bermuda last Oct. on the Explorer of the Seas. It docked back in NJ the day Sandy got here. We were docked in Bermuda about 3 days. My dh and I did not care for the cruise. I hated the atmosphere on the ship at night when it was docked. We really didn't care to be off the ship once we got back on after a day out. You have to take the ferry to go anywhere else other then what's right around the dock, which isn't a whole lot.

I would like to go back, but only if it docked in Hamilton. Bermuda is beautiful! We had wonderful weather when we were there. It would be a good cruise for people that get sea sick or first cruise.

What about the atmosphere was a turn off? I've considered EOTS just to sail to Bermuda. Curious what else you didn't care for.

OK the NCL is too big and too ugly. What about the Royal Caribbean Grandeur?

Bill

Did you get an extra day there due to the storm, cause the ExOS usually only docks one night there on the 5 night run. And usually, that night has the Dockyard festival, where all the locals set up flea market type stands, and there's local and ship entertainment performing on the lawn, with the ship as a backdrop.

DSC02155.jpg

I totally understand what you're saying but I think their ships are just ugly!!!! I have absolutely no desire to cruise on them. I guess I'm what you would call a carnival cheerleader.

I like the fact NCL puts hull work on the side of their ships. Its a great way to stand out from all the other white ships. Before one says, "They don't look like classic ships since there painted," one simply needs to ask whats so classic about the whale tail (not a bash just an observation/opinion)? I personally like the art work, and I'm a fan of the whale tail! Now, whats ugly are those CCL ships that have the hideous interior designs of Joe Farcus.

Archived