Carnival Fantasy Wedding 7-6-13 LOVED IT

We got married on the ship in Charleston before it set sail and it was GREAT! It was the perfect choice for us. The wedding coordinator (Jolene) was so fun and made everything so easy. We had 49 guests (21 sailing). Our ceremony was in the Forum Lounge and our reception was in the Electricity Disco. We had the DJ for the 90 minutes. The only complaint was the time flew by so fast. I wished we had more time to spend with our non-sailing guests.

The night before the wedding. we stayed at the Sheraton N Charleston. They said they had a park & cruise package and with so many guests flying in, we chose it. The problem was that their normal cruise shuttle time (2pm) wouldn't work for us since we all had to be at the ship by 10:30am. We eventually worked it out and everyone made it on time.

It was a 5-day cruise to Nassau and Freeport. In Nassau, we had bought the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Experience through Carnival. Unfortunately, it got cancelled about 15 minutes before we were to leave the ship for it. Carnival stuck a letter under our door stating the cancellation and to come to guest services. When we got down there, they traded it for tickets to Atlantis and the waterpark with lunch. The kids were thrilled! In Freeport, we booked a snorkeling day at Pat & Diane's Tours and it was amazing!

We are both in our 30's and have 2 kids from a previous marriage that came along with us. We got the adjoining rooms so the kids had their own space. It was also a plus to have so many other friends and family onboard so we got some alone time!

I spent months reading reviews and looking for pictures on these boards before we decided on this wedding. I would definitely make the same choice and do it all again! I had so many questions and was so nervous but it was an easy process. This was our 1st time cruising and we loved everything about it :D

• 5 months later...

Thanks for this review, Shatima! We are booked to get married on the Fantasy this August, with the same itinerary as yours. Do you have any advice in particular that you could share to help me out? Was Jolene with "A Wedding For You" - as that is the company who is supposedly helping me with my wedding, per my confirmation of order.

• 2 weeks later...

We had Jolene from A Wedding For You. She was wonderful! I was worried about everything, especially since we had never cruised before and had no idea what to expect. Once I got to my cabin to get dressed, I gave Jolene the instructions that I had written out in advance about where I wanted everything to go (like our favors, card box, etc). I had all of those things labeled in boxes ready to hand off to her. It was just easier for me that way instead of trying to explain to a family member what I wanted and having them do it. It all went so fast that I honestly don't even remember seeing my favors or card box, even though they were there! I felt like I worried about a lot of little things that probably didn't matter in the end. We had the 90 minute reception and it flew by. So glad we got lots of pictures!

Congrats Wishingon!