New to the Port of Baltimore

If you are driving to the Port of Baltimore, it's a piece of cake. Heading south (from NJ where you are) go on I-95 South into Maryland to Exit 55. When you get off the exit, you will see the ship sitting there waiting for you. Parking is $15 per day, and it's right at the terminal. It's the easiest port I ever sailed from:)

And take good care of the Grandeur. We'll be getting on the day you get off!

A few things...

1. When you are heading towards tunnel, make sure you enter the right side tube. The reason is once you exit the tunnel, you will be immediately exiting onto the Key Highway. The port has a great website, too, with info.

2. They usually start boarding about 11:15-11:30.

Watch out for the Welcome to Maryland $40 speed camera ticket located near the White Marsh area. On both north and south bound of I#95

I cut/pasted this into my Baltimore terminal document. We don't sail till Dec. 14 and I don't want to forget anything like this! Thank you.

Depending on distance, you may want to check out the stay and cruise deals on stay 123.com. We'll be doing an overnight at one of the hotels (which includes breakfast, parking for the duration, and port transfers). It's actually cheaper than the port parking.

Port of Baltimore is great - it will be my 9th cruise. Friends joke it is my favorite building in baltimore.

As noted from the north make sure you are in the right lane of the right tunnel bore - Exit 55 Key Highway. You see the Port and Ship from I-95. You enter, they ask if your are parking or dropping off, they have a spot for luggage tags if don't already have them, drop your bags off with the porters, pay to park (15 a day cash/MC/Visa), and are directed to the parking area. It is a very short walk to the entrance. Show you Sea Pass and ID; go through security; fill out the health form; check in.

If it is before boarding has started you wait in plastic chairs. Short walk to the ship up the "new" ramp (about 2 years old). The ramp can be a little steep if you are carrying or pulling too much. They let handicapped board using a gangway like at the ports of call.

I have some pics if you want. All my approach shots are from the south but I have the porters, parking area, and ramp to ship

I cut/pasted this into my Baltimore terminal document. We don't sail till Dec. 14 and I don't want to forget anything like this! Thank you.

Depending on distance, you may want to check out the stay and cruise deals on stay 123.com. We'll be doing an overnight at one of the hotels (which includes breakfast, parking for the duration, and port transfers). It's actually cheaper than the port parking.

When we drove to the Port of Baltimore we stayed at La Quinta in Glen Burnie. It was located on Governor Ritchie Hwy and close to everything. They offered free parking with a 7 day cruise. They also shuttled us down to the port.

Took us about 7 hours from Cleveland, but we stopped for lunch. Next time we are going to brown bag it!!:D

Archived