Changing cabins after final payment is made

TeknikDC2

Hey everyone. I have a question regarding switching cabins for our upcoming cruise on the dream. I booked an inside cabin midship on deck 7 about a month and a half ago. Final payment was made a month ago as well. Anyways just browsing around tonight I found on carnivals website that there are oceanview cabins on deck 1 midship that costs only $10 more then the interior cabin I booked for my family of three.

If I were to call carnival is there any chance that they would allow me to pay the difference and switch to the oceanview room? Do you also think it's worth switching to the oceanview? Thanks for the help and insight everyone.

If you are on one of the "Cabin Only" decks already -- which deck 7 is, and you have to go up or down 2 flights of stairs or take an elevator to get to anything as it is -- then I would say moving to another "Cabin only" deck is not really something I'd care about.

So in that case, for $10 more, it's worth it to have a window instead of an interior.

I currently am booked for an interior room on the Panorama deck (Deck 10), which is right by all the action since it opens up to the Lido deck right below it. My PVP offered me a window room on the Main Deck (Deck 2) for the same price, but in my case, not having to catch an elevator to the Lido, but instead being able to basically walk out my door and be at the party, was worth more to me than the window, so I wouldn't make that trade.

We do it all the time also. Just call, and they'll require payment for the $10 difference. We have gone from IS to BL for less than $60, or on the Miracle from 5-4K (french door) cabins to 5 balconies for $20 each. This cruise we moved from a IS on the Verandah deck to a IS Spa cabin for free when the prices dropped a few months ago using the military rate.

100% !! I keep an eye out on prices on every cruise I take. I just upgraded to a balcony room from an interior room because the price was actually CHEAPER. After your final payment in my situation they can't give you the price difference but they can upgrade your room for sure. And in your situation all you would have to do is pay the extra $10 and they can do it for you. :D :D

Thanks for the advice everyone. I just got off the phone and the change was made. Best part was that it actually worked out to being the same price that I had already paid so I didn't have to pay any extra.

Don't tell my wife though as she doesn't know about the change. Its gonna be a surprise to her when we board the ship. It may not be a balcony but i'm sure it will be nicer then an Inside cabin. We've never had an Oceanview before so i'm excited. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
After final payment you can always upgrade, you just can't downgrade;) I actually upgraded our room twice for our up-coming Dream cruise with no problems.
What about switching cabins within the same category just for a location closer to family/friends? Thanks!:)

I just did this last week for our cruise on the Carnival Imagination in December. We were in an Oceanview cabin on Main Deck and we moved to an Oceanview cabin on Empress Deck. We also got $10.00 credited back to us because of the price drop and free upgrades

Archived