Camp Carnival - kids just 1 year apart, but in seperate groups?

Ninja0509

Hi there!

I looked but came up with nothing, so I hope someone has some experience with the following:

I will be cruising aboard the Paradise, Aug. 10th. With me will be my own kids as well as my niece and nephew from Germany.

My son, who also speaks German, is 7 years old.

My nephew who speaks no English what so ever is 9 years old.

I see that they would be in separate groups in Camp Carnival due to their ages. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of that they will put an older child with the younger group in order to make it a better experience for him/her? I know he would not want to go to Camp Carnival without my son as he wouldn't understand a word. The two of them together though, in the younger age group, would ensure a great time for him.

You think Carnival would do that?

Stephanie

Hi there!

I looked but came up with nothing, so I hope someone has some experience with the following:

I will be cruising aboard the Paradise, Aug. 10th. With me will be my own kids as well as my niece and nephew from Germany.

My son, who also speaks German, is 7 years old.

My nephew who speaks no English what so ever is 9 years old.

I see that they would be in separate groups in Camp Carnival due to their ages. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of that they will put an older child with the younger group in order to make it a better experience for him/her? I know he would not want to go to Camp Carnival without my son as he wouldn't understand a word. The two of them together though, in the younger age group, would ensure a great time for him.

You think Carnival would do that?

Stephanie

I have never had a child in Camp but it seems to me that this would be a special need's.

Call & ask for that department I have found them to be really easy to deal with. You may have to repeat what you want & why a couple times.

If you solve it have them send you a email & print it out to take with.

Hope you all have a great cruise :D We are going on the PARADISE Sept 2.

Let us know how you made out.

Char

we were on the splendor in may. I have two kids, 11 and 13. they actually asked my 11 year old if she wanted to move up to club o2 so they could be together. I don't think you will have any issues. just ask when you sign them up on the ship.

I would agree with the above post. It seems like this would be a situation that they would be much more likely to accommodate then just siblings/friends who want to be together.

If they are NOT willing to accommodate pre-cruise, I would ask again once onboard, as the people actually working with your family would probably GREATLY prefer having a way to communicate with your nephew!!

This is not something that Special Needs can arrange for you.

Generally speaking they do not let the age groups intermingle, however since they will both be in the same area of Camp Carnival, the workers will determine based on how crowded they are how much interaction the age groups will be allowed.

If this were a situation of moving one from Camp Carnival to Circle C, that is very rarely allowed.

From my experience, it seems like the 6-8 and 9-11 groups are often together doing the same activities, so there's probably a good chance they'll let them be in the same group.

I've also found that its not much help to ask in advance about things like this. The people you need to talk to are the counselors on the ship, as they have the final say. Asking nicely will go a long ways. As long as their capacities aren't reached, they will likely allow it. I'd also suggest going directly to the camp when you board the ship and talking to them to explain the situation. Don't wait until the registration time on the first night.

Archived