Fascination or Ecstasy

I honestly haven't sailed "Fascination" in a long, long time, and never out our Jax. I have sailed "Ecstasy" twice so far this year and had a GREAT time aboard, both times. Having said all that, I doubt that there is much difference, if any, between the two ships, and since you're in Georgia, and probably closer to Jax than Port Canaveral, and since you want more sea days, and since, IMO the stop at Freeport is kind of a waste,,,,I'd have to recommend "Fascination". Either ship would be O.K., but with all the factors considered, the clear winner is "Fascination". :cool: Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"

Haven't sail Fascination, but just got off Ecstasy last Saturday. I was surprised at how much I love the ship, being that its an older ship. It poured the day we were in Freeport, but with that said I didn't like it there. Waste of time. Took taxi ($10 RT) over to port Lucaya, which was just OK for me. Not sure about Jax, but Canaveral is so easy to get in/out of.

Just got off Fascination today for second time this year...Awesome ship and crew. Already planning a third on Fascination. Skip Freeport!!! Half Moon is amazing Powder style sand..NOT normal beach sand Clean and neat. Little Stuipp Cay is also nice... normal beach sand and has Aqua Park with water slides and water rock climbing walls for kids and adults all in water. HMC doesn't and a HUGE amount of fish in the swimming areas... For us the fish was a highlight..No need to pay to swim with the Sting Rays and Fish at LSC is free there all over..Bring your diving mask and have a blast..:D Both great stops with either trip you pick.

We sailed on the Ecstasy in 2011 and the Fascination in 2012. The Fascination port(Jacksonville) is 1 hour from where we live, whereas Port Canaveral(Fascination) is almost 3. I like Ecstasy better. I think the ship is cleaner and the crew is friendlier. I will gladly travel 3 hours to sail on Ecstasy. JMO.

I would say do both! Just flilp a coin to see which one you do first. lol I've been on both ships multiple times and enjoy both. I would say in my opinion that Ecstacy is a nicer "ship", so I would probably do it second to avoid feeling like you've downgraded. But in overall fun/experience during the cruise your going to enjoy both pretty much the same. So whatever you decide, you won't regret it. I agree with others saying go for the extra sea day.

I would say go Ecstacsy with the 3 ports and 1 sea day.....I have cruise Fascination 4 times and love the ship.......That being said if I was chosing btwn 3 ports vs 2 ports as well going out of Port Canaveral as opposed to Jax I would say go Canaveral.....If you are driving from north of Florida then yes Jax is closer but Jaxport is a real pain in the behind especially when debarking sometimes....They are just nowhere as organized as Canaveral is.....so if you are getting virtually the same ports plus Freeport then go that way......Plus Freeport in itself is a great port as long as you take a cab and get away from the port area......Head over to Our Lucaya for around $5pp and enjoy beach, shopping, Gambling, Etc...

I have already sailed the Fascination twice, and have my third booked for October. She is a beautiful smaller ship, which makes it extremely easy to learn the layout on.

Last Labor Day our family did the Nassau/HMC itinerary and it was awesome. The beach at HMC is beyond compare. It has the most beautiful white sand and emerald green waters.

My kids (12 & 13 at the time) loved the Circle C camp, so be sure to sign your kids up. They also loved the waterslides, as well as the 24/7 ice cream and pizza.

You will love the Fascination should you choose it, but I am sure the Ecstacy is equally as nice.

~Helen~

We are cruising on the Fascination for the 4th time in November and our 7th out of Jacksonville - this is our favorite port to cruise from. We have cruised the last two years the frist week of December on the Fascination - we had that booked this year and then they canceled Key West on us - and Key West is the main reason we cruise! We love it!!! I haven't been on the Ecstasy ... I would if it was going on a 5 night cruise to Key West and skipping Freeport though.

I doubt you can go wrong with either ship! Which week in November are you going? We are sailing on the 16th.

I think we have decided on the Ecstasy only because we are going Thanksgiving week and the ship returns on Thursday which will give us time at home before returning to work.

Either one is a winner! Have a great cruise OP. :cool:

Archived