Cruise Price dropped - Already Paid in Full, What can I do?

Hi all fellow Cruisers,

I just noticed that the cruise prices dropped today - I have put in a call to my TA which is with Carnival...... I am waiting for a call back. We only have about 44 days until our sailing which is on 8/15 on the Inspiration and have already paid in full. What can I expect, if anything?

Hi all fellow Cruisers,

I just noticed that the cruise prices dropped today - I have put in a call to my TA which is with Carnival...... I am waiting for a call back. We only have about 44 days until our sailing which is on 8/15 on the Inspiration and have already paid in full. What can I expect, if anything?

You should get a credit or onboard credit. I have gotten them well after final payment. You dont have to wait on your PVP,anyone should be able to assist you. They will normally just ask for your Pin code that your PVP set up for you. Thats the great part about using Carnival.

I have been through this situation on past Carnival cruises. Being paid in full does put you at a disadvantage.....but regardless you should get a refund or onboard credit equal to the price drop. Sometimes you really have to get nasty....and Carnival WILL be nasty with you....but do not back down. It is not fair that you should pay a penalty for booking early.

I have been through this situation on past Carnival cruises. Being paid in full does put you at a disadvantage.....but regardless you should get a refund or onboard credit equal to the price drop. Sometimes you really have to get nasty....and Carnival WILL be nasty with you....but do not back down. It is not fair that you should pay a penalty for booking early.

Hmm I have had it done and minus anything nasty on my or their part. You might want to get a different PVP if you were treated nasty. Actually my PVP has called and told me about a pricedrop after final payment and asked if I wanted the money credited back to my credit card or an onboard credit.

Hmmmm... Haven't had this issue yet but I am not paid in full. My PVP never calls me and I have to leave a couple of messages before he calls back. He always seems to be bothered by my questions and beeing this is my first cruise I have many questions. I haven't tried to talk to anyone else because he made it sound like noone else can help my AND I don't have one of the PIN codes someone else was talking about. :mad: I yhink I need a new PVP

My cruise dropped by $100 dollars. My PVP asked if I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and then told me to be firm so I could get the $100 shipboard credit. The supervisor never got on the phone and I was given the shipboard credit per person.

I don't mean to be nasty, because this has happened in the past to me as well. Sometimes I was given a refund, other times not (never after final payment). Anyway, you have to look at it this way. If you bought a winter coat when they had the best selection of coats and then a few months later, because it was the end of season, they dropped the price, do you think you should be entitled to a refund in the difference in the cost of the coat?

My point is, every industry "dumps" things at the last minute at lower prices if there is excess inventory. By booking early, you had a better selection of cabins and locations than those booking later on.

If you get the credit, great, but if you don't, I wouldn't let it spoil your trip. Apparently you were okay with the price originally quoted.

We're going on a cruise next May, and I think I'm paying more than it will be down the road ($700 pp for the third and fourth passenger in an inside cabin on the Valor 7 day cruise...I've never paid that much). But the cruise covers Memorial Day weekend, and we were tied to this week because of schedules. We booked one balcony and 3 inside cabins (myself and my husband, our four kids, and four of their friends). I think $800 for the 1st and 2nd pax and $700 for the 3rd and 4th are high, especially for inside guarantees. But I was willing to pay it. If it comes down, I'll see if I can get a credit. But if they refuse, I'll just live with it.

Thanks for this info. I called my rep today, and they said the price dropped only $20 p/p for my cruise. They said they don't "normally" make changes this close to a cruise (Conquest in August), but they upgraded our cabin instead. I would have never thought to call!! So thank you! :)

Sometimes you really have to get nasty....and Carnival WILL be nasty with you....but do not back down.

My goodness! I've never found it necessary to get nasty. And have certainly never had a PVP get nasty with me!:eek: When you ask something in a nice manner, you're treated the same in return.

When I've seen a rate reduction, I've called my PVP and have gotten a credit prior to final payment, OR after final payment was made, I've received a NICE shipboard credit .... and for much more than the difference. I don't know why, but didn't question it. I've gotten shipboard credits on four different Carnival cruises because of price drops.

(For a $20 difference, however, I would not even bother to call.)

Archived