QM2 Transfers

capegirl

You won't have any problems. The pier is on a very busy highway, and it's usually tough to get a cab there, though there may be some waiting outside the terminal. If you don't see any, just walk a block straight east. It will be much easier to find a cab. If your hotel is in midtown, the cab will only be $5 to $8.

Happy travels,

Christine

There is usually a line for the cabs at the pier. Last time off QM2 I self-disembarked and waited for about 20 minutes in line to get my cab to Penn Station. You can walk across the street and into the city a block or two and might be able to get a cab quicker but that would depend on your luggage situation.

When we self disembarked in April we walked out of the terminal and there was a line for cabs. A lady gave us a ticket to ensure that nobody tried to jump the queue and then people got in taxis in order. At first it seemed as if the New York taxis didn't realise the QM2 had arrived as very few turned up. But soon there were quite a few. We went to by the Empire State and I remember the fare was about $7.

Archived