balcony suite 11010 on the norweigian jewel!!!!

Moutaingirl

has any one had room 11010 on the jewel!!!!????? is it a open balcony!!! Some say it has a closed balcony!! looking for someone who had this room or the ones before it..... 11002 ...11004....11008 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

has any one had room 11010 on the jewel!!!!????? is it a open balcony!!! Some say it has a closed balcony!! looking for someone who had this room or the ones before it..... 11002 ...11004....11008 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I went on www.cruisedeckplans.com which I am a member and looked at pics of 11002 and it was an open balcony :)

I went on www.cruisedeckplans.com which I am a member and looked at pics of 11002 and it was an open balcony :)

I might be confused as to what an open & a closed balcony is as I stay in OS and depending where they are sometimes it is a solarium style balcony where my idea of the balcony is if its open to the air its an open balcony :)

Also here is a picture album link someone posted who stayed in 11002 and amongst it you will see the cabin pictures which show the balcony, so I hope this helps.

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/johnql/Jewel%20Trans-Atlantic%202009/Jewel%20TA%202009%20Ship%20and%20Cabins/

I'm not positive what you mean by "closed balcony", but if you mean the partially shielded hull balconies...no...110010 is not closed. It's a normal balcony. The hull balconies forward on deck 11 are officer quarters I believe

I'm not positive what you mean by "closed balcony", but if you mean the partially shielded hull balconies...no...110010 is not closed. It's a normal balcony. The hull balconies forward on deck 11 are officer quarters I believe

Seriously Mike I think you should ask NCL for consulting fee's :D or maybe a once a year free cruise for all the help you offer on this board....well you could always wish...every time a question is posted I think Mike will know :)

THANKYOU both so much for your help!!!!!!! I booked 11010 and was so happy ....then somebody said it was a Hull balcony!!!! Was going to change room!!!!!!!! Thanks I am happy again!!! we are celebrating our 33 year together!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:

THANKYOU both so much for your help!!!!!!! I booked 11010 and was so happy ....then somebody said it was a Hull balcony!!!! Was going to change room!!!!!!!! Thanks I am happy again!!! we are celebrating our 33 year together!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:

Well, I could be wrong, but when you look at deck plans you will see that there is a 2BR family suite about 2 rooms back on each side of the ship on that deck. When you look at pictures of the ship there is a smoked glass window in the same area, which is generally the bathroom of the master bath in a 2BR suite. If my guess is right, then the first passenger cabin is the first non-hull cabin. The suite is a couple back from that. Therefore, that would make the hull balconies in front of that NOT passenger cabins, but rather officer cabins. This would make sense since the bridge is also on that deck.

Seriously Mike I think you should ask NCL for consulting fee's :D or maybe a once a year free cruise for all the help you offer on this board....well you could always wish...every time a question is posted I think Mike will know :)

lol! I like the way you think. I won't take up much room, NCL, I promise. ;)

ok. I verified. Here's the deck plan. You can see there are two balcony rooms, then a suite, then two more rooms, etc. Your room is the 4th regular room, right before the second suite

jewel-vi.jpg

So, where is that on the ship?? Well, here is a picture of the PORT side (I could not find close starboard picture), but it's pretty much the same. You can see that there are two balcony rooms, then the suite balcony, the suite bathroom, two more balcony rooms, then another suite. I've circled the suites (balcony and bath), and pointed out your room with an arrow. Well, not YOUR room, but the exact one but on the opposide side. You can see that it's NOT an enclosed balcony, but probably a very awesome one. We stayed in a mini-suite on the Jewel and loved it.

Enjoy your trip, and happy anniversary!

jewel2.jpg

To the OP: just wanted to make sure that you realize that 11010 is not a full suite; it's a mini-suite, which does not receive any of the full-suite perks. The term can be misleading; it should more accurately be called a deluxe balcony cabin.

Archived