Paradise - Shower/Bathroom ?s

My 80yr old dad is wanting to know if the showers in the interior rooms of the Paradise have any handle grips on the side to help with getting in/out of the shower? Also, do they have any non-slip tub thingies (can't think of the right name, but they come in little shapes and you stick them to the bottom of the shower floor so you don't slip)?

We haven't been on the Paradise since she left the west coast, but there used to be little rubber mats in the shower and a handle on the far wall, not sure it would help you get in and out tho, it's on the opposite wall. You could always hang on to the sink since it's right there. Also, the lip on the shower is less than 2 inches tall.

Thanks both of you that responded. I couldn't see much detail of the showers in the videos but I will look at them again. I think I will just buy a portable handle and some cheap nonslip stickers. My dad fell getting out of a shower at a hotel recently so I'm going to take as many precautions as possible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Thanks both of you that responded. I couldn't see much detail of the showers in the videos but I will look at them again. I think I will just buy a portable handle and some cheap nonslip stickers. My dad fell getting out of a shower at a hotel recently so I'm going to take as many precautions as possible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

The hotel shower might have been a shower over tub? The Paradise showers are at floor level and have maybe a 2 inch lip, very easy to step over and I'm sure they had the non-slip mats.

I'd be more concerned actually getting into the bathroom, the rise is a good 5 inches. (But shorter than the rise in the Inspiration) IIRC the shower lip is a short 1" piece of metal, It was barley higher than the bathmat. The sink is rectangular and abuts the shower.

OP--If he has locked the bathroom door and needs help you can unlock the door from the outside. You will see a small 'button' with a slot. Put you S&S card into the slot, hold the card near the button for support, and turn.

Have you attempted to get a "handicapped" cabin? I had one once, by accident, and they have flat showers, with no rise off the floor at all, and rails to assist getting into and out of the shower. Plus they have a bench in the shower so you can sit and wash. Exactly what you need, IMO. I don't know about the availability, but it would be worth the effort to ask. Sometimes, they assign non handicapped folks into those cabins, (like they did me ) and if somebody needs the cabin later, they make the move.

Good luck, and I know you're going to enjoy "Paradise".

"SKY"

Have you attempted to get a "handicapped" cabin? I had one once, by accident, and they have flat showers, with no rise off the floor at all, and rails to assist getting into and out of the shower. Plus they have a bench in the shower so you can sit and wash. Exactly what you need, IMO. I don't know about the availability, but it would be worth the effort to ask. Sometimes, they assign non handicapped folks into those cabins, (like they did me ) and if somebody needs the cabin later, they make the move.

Good luck, and I know you're going to enjoy "Paradise".

"SKY"

I agree. The HC cabin bathrooms are made to roll into with a chair or walker, and there is a pull down bench to sit on.

Archived