Surprise trip for my parents

eebrbee

Hello all!

I am looking to surprise my parents with a cruise in April/May of 2014, and I am (thankfully) getting assistance from my aunt in planning this... But I do have a few questions from y'all! I am thinking that I (female in her 20's) will go along with my parents on this trip, although I am surprising them with this trip and paying for it. They've cruised before on a variety of lines (Princess mainly) and have gone throughout the Caribbean.

I need some advice on which line to take them on, where to go, what port to go out of, etc. Basically any advice I will take! I don't know if there is a way to pre-pay and plan this trip without them knowing about it or not (like I would like!). Is there a way to just pay for the room to be double occupancy, but not add the name of the second person until very late notice (in case I do find someone I would like to take).

Has anyone ever done this before?

We have only cruised Carnival but have loved them and continue to cruise with them. We've traveled with up to 33 family and friends on a cruise, they were all ages and everyone had a great time. I'd suggest looking into Carnival. We are cruising twice in May/June 2014 going more western; Cozumel Mexico, Belize, Mahogany Bay Isla Roatan, Costa Maya, Mexico then going East; Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk. I think you should think about if you want to take them to where they have been or to a new place and research from there.... Also think about your budget some cruise lines are more expensive than others.

My BIL has booked a room and just added the person later, I'm not sure how he did it but it can be done. You'd have to double occupancy anyways if it was just you.

Have fun!

I spoke with a travel agent and we booked a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise with Carnival on the Conquest leaving out of Miami of 4/27/14! :) Now to just manage to keep a surprise until December....

So excited about this cruise!! It's going to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

Archived