Breakaway Aft Balcony Noise

Dawnmcl123

Hi,

I just got off on Sunday, we were in room 14876. You could hear Spice H2O pretty well if you were in bed before they closed (not sure what time they did close, but am going to guess around 1 am?). I had ear plugs and that took care of the problem for me. :)

We had a corner aft portside. The first night was fine. The second night, for about ten minutes was not so good. The base was very loud. Then it was lowered. It was not a deal breaker or so bad we wanted our room moved. Dh and I went outside and listened to the music, danced and relaxed. I would take the same room again. :)

We were docked portside in Bermuda and our room was facing the celebrity summit. I think we heard some of their music too. Lol.

The aft views are so amazing.

This is an aft balcony on deck 14. I was told you can ask for loungers. This balcony only had two chairs and a table.

0B8D9EDF-5707-4D31-866F-E7C115791405-512-0000005D209AF423_zps99909b72.jpg

Edited by 1witchydiva

Hi,

I just got off on Sunday, we were in room 14876. You could hear Spice H2O pretty well if you were in bed before they closed (not sure what time they did close, but am going to guess around 1 am?). I had ear plugs and that took care of the problem for me. :)

Hi We are in 14876 at the end of August. How was it ? I was told the balcony is a nice size- will loungers fit--any pics?

Thanks

Mig Man

We were in 11312, no real noticeable noise, and our bed was beside the sliding door.

Glenn

We were in 12904 and only heard it if we were on our balcony. Once inside and the balcony doors were shut... silence.

Hi We are in 14876 at the end of August. How was it ? I was told the balcony is a nice size- will loungers fit--any pics?

Thanks

Mig Man

Hi there,

There were not loungers, but I think they would fit if you were to ask for them. Our room steward's name was Anna, she was lovely.

We had a at balcony cabin on the 14th deck of the Breakaway. There was only one night when noise was a problem from the Spice H20. It was one of the nights that we were docked in Bermuda. The cabin was literally vibrating from the noise. I actually called several times to complain. Noise did not stop till 1 AM! To my surprise, NCL credited my onboard account with $100. I guess it pays to complain!

On all the other nights, with the door to the balcony closed, the noise was tolerable.

We had a at balcony cabin on the 14th deck of the Breakaway. There was only one night when noise was a problem from the Spice H20. It was one of the nights that we were docked in Bermuda. The cabin was literally vibrating from the noise. I actually called several times to complain. Noise did not stop till 1 AM! To my surprise, NCL credited my onboard account with $100. I guess it pays to complain!

On all the other nights, with the door to the balcony closed, the noise was tolerable.

I think while docked in Bermuda, I was also hearing music from the Summit . I was also 14 aft, facing the Summit. It sounded like it was coming from that direction, and I heard three different songs playing at once. :)

One night in Bermuda I heard music very loud. I went out for a walk and found that a small boat docked right by our ship was having a party, a really loud party!! I actually was able to feel the ground moving when I walked. The music was blasting. Also the Summit had louder music than the Breakaway. I honestly did not have a problem when our balcony doors were closed. Again cabin 12904.

We were in 11908, no noise at all inside cabin. Could only hear the music out on the balcony when the special parties were going on (Fabba, 80's, Glow) I think they cranked the music louder for those. They close H20 at 1 am, and continue parties in Bliss, so no noise on balcony at all after 1 am.

Hi Dawn! :) Was that your first week on the Breakaway?

I'm a light sleeper - also to bed around 10 pm each night, balcony faced Away from the pier. With door closed no noise. Was perfect room. Although - each morning I experienced what I came to call the "toilet symphony" - You can tell when it is wake up time - all the flushes - I'm sure this is the same no matter what cabin you are in. ;)

I'm a light sleeper - also to bed around 10 pm each night, balcony faced Away from the pier. With door closed no noise. Was perfect room. Although - each morning I experienced what I came to call the "toilet symphony" - You can tell when it is wake up time - all the flushes - I'm sure this is the same no matter what cabin you are in. ;)

I am a light sleeper also, I did not hear the toilet flushes. I may have already been out of my cabin at that point. Or, maybe I was adding to the symphony!! Lol

We were in 11908, no noise at all inside cabin. Could only hear the music out on the balcony when the special parties were going on (Fabba, 80's, Glow) I think they cranked the music louder for those. They close H20 at 1 am, and continue parties in Bliss, so no noise on balcony at all after 1 am.

Hi Dawn! :) Was that your first week on the Breakaway?

Hi Michele,

We did a bunch of cruises. Last one was on the Breakaway. Heading out on Saturday on the Gem for a quick 7 day to the Bahamas! When is your next one?

Hi Michele,

We did a bunch of cruises. Last one was on the Breakaway. Heading out on Saturday on the Gem for a quick 7 day to the Bahamas! When is your next one?

I see your Disney total is catching up to your NCL total in your siggy! I knew you wouldn't be a landlubber this summer! We are booked on the Epic for next June as Sami's 16th Birthday present. Staying on land for a few days there as well. Otherwise, nothing else booked right now. Might do the CTN this winter, but also looking into the new Quantum or maybe another RCCL or Princess, we'll see. Enjoy the Gem. :D

• 1 month later...
I see your Disney total is catching up to your NCL total in your siggy! I knew you wouldn't be a landlubber this summer! We are booked on the Epic for next June as Sami's 16th Birthday present. Staying on land for a few days there as well. Otherwise, nothing else booked right now. Might do the CTN this winter, but also looking into the new Quantum or maybe another RCCL or Princess, we'll see. Enjoy the Gem. :D

I had more cruises with Disney and just seem to accumulate more Norwegian cruises in the past year. :) What CTN?

• 3 years later...
We were in 12904 and only heard it if we were on our balcony. Once inside and the balcony doors were shut... silence.

hi dawn. i met you a few weeks ago in the meet and greet and i'm thinking about booking again very soon.

based on your experience on the aft room, it seems like if i booked a balcony deck 13 a few rooms in from aft, i should have zero noise from spice if the door is closed. i'm not concerned with noise from the balcony itself as it IS the outside :) was looking at 13290 with the angled balcony.