Another Annoying Breakaway Question

NYGirl1002

You know all I do all day is read Breakaway reviews... (I have no life).

I probably don't remember the answer to this one but..

Is the safe big enough to hold my regular size ipad? I know the one on the Jewel was big enough.

Is the safe big enough to hold my regular size ipad? I know the one on the Jewel was big enough.

I put stuff like that in my suitcase and lock it. I usually leave some clothes in there too (PJs, etc., stuff that doesn't need to be hung), so I'll slip the iPad and my camera in between, lock it up, and put it under the bed.

p.s. when are you going on the Breakaway? I just booked Nov. I have as much of a life as you. :D

Thanks for the reply Vicki.

rxbxcca we are going on August 25th. I'd like to buy the wifi at the port and use my ipad to email or maybe facetime my kids at home. I guess I will do what you do. I think if it's not out in the open I should be fine.

Are you doing Bermuda or Nassau?

No. :(. My iPad did not fit in the safe. I had room for the phones, passports, jewelry but the iPad would not fit. Maybe different rooms have different safe sizes??? I don't know but it would not fit in mine. :(

Thanks for the reply Vicki.

rxbxcca we are going on August 25th. I'd like to buy the wifi at the port and use my ipad to email or maybe facetime my kids at home. I guess I will do what you do. I think if it's not out in the open I should be fine.

Are you doing Bermuda or Nassau?

I'm on your sailing :)

Wow. I'm surprised to hear that an iPad won't fit in a Breakaway's safe (or at least in some of the cabins, from what I'm reading). I haven't had any problem fitting my iPad on my most recent NCL cruises (Jewel and Gem). The Breakaway safes must be significantly smaller than the Jewel class safes.

Wow. I'm surprised to hear that an iPad won't fit in a Breakaway's safe (or at least in some of the cabins, from what I'm reading). I haven't had any problem fitting my iPad on my most recent NCL cruises (Jewel and Gem). The Breakaway safes must be significantly smaller than the Jewel class safes.

It appeared smaller than the Jewel safe. If my memory is correct, the one on the Jewel was deeper and I was able to fit my IPad. :(

I put my iPad in the safe (it is the newest version with the Apple magnetic case). Two wallets and passports etc also fit. Most of the time we didn't bother putting it in the safe but it did fit.

Aaahhhh ok. I have the old original iPad. Lol. New one is much smaller.

Now I have an excuse to buy the new iPad before the next cruise. :) lol

I used to work in Brooklyn but I retired last year. Now I babysit my grandsons.

My other son just bought a house near Willow Road but hasn't moved in yet. The house he lived in in Brooklyn was sold. Now I don't have to drive in every day.

If you'd like to take this off the boards you can email me at Leigh46 at aol

Just confirming, the ipad will NOT fit in the safe in a Spa Mini-Suite.

It used to, on all ships up to & including EPIC.

This time I just left it out on the desk all week, next to my computer. There were no issues.

Stephen

I put stuff like that in my suitcase and lock it. I usually leave some clothes in there too (PJs, etc., stuff that doesn't need to be hung), so I'll slip the iPad and my camera in between, lock it up, and put it under the bed.

p.s. when are you going on the Breakaway? I just booked Nov. I have as much of a life as you. :D

Question: Do you know if a person did put their iPad in the safe, would the metal safe drain the battery? I know that does happen in lockers.

Archived