My cruise on the Dream stops in Nassau from 8:30 - 2:00

RyanDMB99@aol.com

Wondering what everyones favorite thing to do is? I realize this is a short stop... and have considered staying aboard (been to Atlantis 3 times now). However I would like to hear from people that DO LIKE nassau and have experiences or ideas. Thanks everybody!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Wondering what everyones favorite thing to do is? I realize this is a short stop... and have considered staying aboard (been to Atlantis 3 times now). However I would like to hear from people that DO LIKE nassau and have experiences or ideas. Thanks everybody!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Here's a link to one of my favorite things to do in Nassau . Enjoy !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38562449#post38562449

We were on dream a couple of weeks ago, with this same time in port at Nassau. We took a taxi to the public beach near Riu on Paradise Island and just hung out on the beach; daughter and I rented a jetski for 30 minutes. It was still a nice, relaxing day (aside from all the vendors on the beach - this was worse than last time).

a very short walk from the ship is Junkanoo beach. free, nice, clean and they just put in a Fat Tuesdays last week. we spent time collecting sea glass, and got some very nice pieces. Have fun.. we will be there next month

We booked an awesome Sea Horse Catamaran & Snorkel. It picked us up at 9 at the ship port and we enjoyed a great cruise with caribbean music thru the channel, swam at a beautiful beach, snorkeled above Cannonball Reef, saw lots of fish, and had plenty of rum punch on the way back included, the catamaran brought us back right in front of the straw market, we stopped at Tortuga to get rum cakes and liqeur and were on board by 1:30ish to have lunch before sail away!

(That lunch I BARELY remember... :D I showed up as a mermaid on the catamaran and everyone made sure the mermaid had rum punch...)

ANyway I completely recommend it! Walking around Nassau is nothing special, but you do have enough time for a half a day tour, and to see some great bahamian sights. Our guides were great, we felt safe and met awesome people and we paid $56 on priceline for it. It was one of our favorite excursions of the trip.

We DO LOVE Blue Lagoon, so that is an option too, we came back on our Disney cruise and did the Sea Lions THEY ARE SOOO CUTE!! You get to kiss and hug and play and pet and do tricks with the sea lions! And the island was great. We are going back in May. We absolutely LOVE Nassau, but that's because we plan something every time (the immediate area is just errrr okay although I love getting the straw bags and tortuga goodies, we will do that again, but I wouldn't plan my whole stop around it...) Blue Lagoon is tough becuase you won't get much time there, the first Ferry leaves at 1pm and its about 30-40 Ferry ride back. You would have to tail it FAST to back to the Ship. Thankfully, these last cruises we have been on don't make us all aboard until 5:45!

I'd do the catamaran. It was really a blast and had you back on time for lunch!

• 2 weeks later...
We booked an awesome Sea Horse Catamaran & Snorkel. It picked us up at 9 at the ship port and we enjoyed a great cruise with caribbean music thru the channel, swam at a beautiful beach, snorkeled above Cannonball Reef, saw lots of fish, and had plenty of rum punch on the way back included, the catamaran brought us back right in front of the straw market, we stopped at Tortuga to get rum cakes and liqeur and were on board by 1:30ish to have lunch before sail away!

(That lunch I BARELY remember... :D I showed up as a mermaid on the catamaran and everyone made sure the mermaid had rum punch...)

ANyway I completely recommend it! Walking around Nassau is nothing special, but you do have enough time for a half a day tour, and to see some great bahamian sights. Our guides were great, we felt safe and met awesome people and we paid $56 on priceline for it. It was one of our favorite excursions of the trip.

We DO LOVE Blue Lagoon, so that is an option too, we came back on our Disney cruise and did the Sea Lions THEY ARE SOOO CUTE!! You get to kiss and hug and play and pet and do tricks with the sea lions! And the island was great. We are going back in May. We absolutely LOVE Nassau, but that's because we plan something every time (the immediate area is just errrr okay although I love getting the straw bags and tortuga goodies, we will do that again, but I wouldn't plan my whole stop around it...) Blue Lagoon is tough becuase you won't get much time there, the first Ferry leaves at 1pm and its about 30-40 Ferry ride back. You would have to tail it FAST to back to the Ship. Thankfully, these last cruises we have been on don't make us all aboard until 5:45!

I'd do the catamaran. It was really a blast and had you back on time for lunch!

Can you give me more information about this catamaran? Did you book through the cruiseline? Were there kids onboard? This sounds fun but I don't know where to look for more info. Thanks!

Archived