Movies on Dawn

do you have to pay extra for movies?

movies in the theater or in room movies?

Movies are free and are shown in a nicely furnished theater on the Dawn with comfortable seating. They also broadcast movies on your cabin tv, but I don't remember whether they're the same as the ones in the theater.

A friend of ours was on Star a year ago and she said they take all the swearing out, like they do on airlines. Just wondering if it really was done this way. Basically they PG-13 an R movie. Did you find that to be true?

THANKS!!!!!

We didn't see a movie in the theater, but we noticed the movies on TV were edited even though the TV Guide said that they weren't.

I brought the TV guide home with me from our 6/12 Dawn cruise. The movies in the theater were:

Million Dollar Baby

Ray

In Good Company

Eulogy

Hitch

Shark Tale

Sideways

Movies on tv were:

Cheaper by the Dozen

The Grudge

About Schmidt

Bourne Supremacy

French Kiss

The Mask

Sound of Music

Sleeping with the Enemy

The Graduate

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Shattered Glass

Collateral

Wicker Park

Catwoman

How Stella Got her Groove Back

A River Runs Through It

Dirty Dancing

Jewel of the Nile

Dirty Dancing

Fried Green Tomatoes

Ice Age

Last time I saw Paris

Something about Mary

Gangs of New York

French Connection

Mrs. Doubtfire

The Notebook

Sky Captain & World of Tomorrow

Friday Night Lights

House of Flying Daggers

Die Hard

Anna and the King

That thing you do

Field of Dreams

Romancing the Stone

Braveheart

Austin Powers

Ali

Speed

Runaway Jury

King Arthur

Spiderman2

Daredevil

Scooby Doo 2

Garfield

Shall We Dance

Being Julia

Mr. 3000

Ladies in Lavender

Door In the Floor

Without A Paddle

A Cinderella Story

All of these are on 2 different stations at various times. Trust me, you won't have enough time to watch even one movie entirely. There are so many different things to do on the Dawn. It took us an entire week to recover when we got home :D

2cruise4ever, It's a wonderful thought to go to the movies on the ship. We tried several times...but...there was so much to do that we never made it to the theater. Trying to watch a movie in cabin was equally frustrating...(our own fault). We would start a movie while preparing for dinner or early in the morning only to have to leave in the middle because more important events were calling us. We're on the 11 day NE/Canada sail in October on the Jewel. Since it is a longer cruise and NOT geared to sun-bathing, we may just get to see a movie or two. The last time we took a cruise similar to this one we found a lot more time to relax.

Happy cruising!

We didn't see a movie in the theater, but we noticed the movies on TV were edited even though the TV Guide said that they weren't.

The movies were edited in the theater, too. You could see lips indicate one thing, what they said was another:p

When we were on the Dawn last Nov. they showed "Ladykillers". The language was so bad that within the first 5 mins. a few people walked out. There sure was no editing on that one, so a few at least slip through. It had been awhile since I had heard so much of a few particular expletives, that I wish it had been edited!;) The lips and words matched perfectly!!!:eek:

Most of the cabin versions are pretty cleaned up.

Grab some popcorn at "Pearly Kings" and enjoy!:D

Archived