What to Pack?

JillM

I'm heading out this Friday and am having difficulty packing as well. Usually I'm very streamlined but I want to make sure I'm comfortable. I'm excited because the 10-day forecast is up and it looks cold!!

Out of curiosity, I took a quick look at the forecast. Looks like about 60. That's not cold! Shorts weather, as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Out of curiosity, I took a quick look at the forecast. Looks like about 60. That's not cold! Shorts weather, as far as I'm concerned. ;)

HAHA - It is all about perspective. Here in Houston it has been hovering around 100 off and on all summer. 60 degrees is winter weather for us and will be a welcome respite!

HAHA - It is all about perspective. Here in Houston it has been hovering around 100 off and on all summer. 60 degrees is winter weather for us and will be a welcome respite!

Haha exactly. Heat index today is 112. 60 will feel like winter coat weather to me. ;)

Plus when I looked at Skagway for the day I will be there, it's forecasted as a high of 54. That'll definitely be a bit nippy for a florida girl!

I went to Disneyland in May with my son's high school band. It was in the low to mid 70s. The running joke of the trip was "It's too hot! Let's go home!" :D

Luckily, this has helped me convince that same son that he doesn't want to go to Disneyland next summer for his high school graduation trip. Looks like another cruise to Alaska for us! He says Alaska sounds great, besides, where else can he eat anything he wants all day long!?

Archived