Mastercard promo obc

jjh9

Did you use a Carnival MasterCard or just a regular MasterCard. The instructions on the site were not very informative.

I actually used my Mastercard debit card and it worked. I really wasn't expecting to see the additional onboard credit, but was totally happy when I checked my sail and sign account at the end of day 1, and there it was. :)

Hope it works out for you.

I actually used my Mastercard debit card and it worked. I really wasn't expecting to see the additional onboard credit, but was totally happy when I checked my sail and sign account at the end of day 1, and there it was. :)

Hope it works out for you.

Did you use your debit to pay the whole cruise or just the deposit? I have paid my deposit using Mastercard debit, but don't want to use it for the rest of the cruise if I don't have to.

Thanks

Got off the 7/29 Triumph sailing and it never showed up. Went to guest services and they were not able to help. Hope it works for some more of you. I still have 3 upcoming cruises I applied for it on but am not looking for it to be there. As someone else said no one ever posted which cruises it was suppose to be good for. Good luck to everyone that has applied for this obc. By the way, I booked my cruises with my Carnival M/C which was also my card registered for my sail and sign.

Was wondering if it only shows up as OBC if you are using the M/C to pay your sail and sign account while on board. We usually pay for the cruise with the M/C, but put cash down for use on the ship sail and sign account. Anyone know?

Lu

I'm not sure. The promo last year required you to use a MC for you S&S card.

Got off the 7/29 Triumph sailing and it never showed up. Went to guest services and they were not able to help. Hope it works for some more of you. I still have 3 upcoming cruises I applied for it on but am not looking for it to be there. As someone else said no one ever posted which cruises it was suppose to be good for. Good luck to everyone that has applied for this obc. By the way, I booked my cruises with my Carnival M/C which was also my card registered for my sail and sign.

Just wondering if you had the email confirming the OBC? We got that but still wonder.

I read that it won't show up until you are on the ship.

What it will look like in the documents no one seems to know.

My OBC for this offer didn't show up in my online documents at all. It didn't show up anywhere until I was on the ship and saw the $50 credit added to my onboard account.

We're onboard the Magic now. The credit did not show up. Used a Mastercard to pay for the entire cruise and for S&S account. Boo hoo - it would have been $300 for this Diamond. Only got my $100 shareholder credit and that was gone in a flash as the unlimited internet is $134.99. Poof - I already owe them money.

We're onboard the Magic now. The credit did not show up. Used a Mastercard to pay for the entire cruise and for S&S account. Boo hoo - it would have been $300 for this Diamond. Only got my $100 shareholder credit and that was gone in a flash as the unlimited internet is $134.99. Poof - I already owe them money.

Did you have the confirmation email?

Arrrggggg....this is what I was afraid of.....Sounded too good to be true. It must have just been for selected specific cruises:mad:..

I am hoping others will chime in with their experiences.

Arrrggggg....this is what I was afraid of.....Sounded too good to be true. It must have just been for selected specific cruises:mad:..

I am hoping others will chime in with their experiences.

It definitely was for selected specific cruises only. The terms and conditions indicated "applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer." The problem is, we don't know what the applicable sailings are.

If someone comes and says they got it, it doesn't mean others will, and if someone comes and says they didn't get it, it doesn't mean others won't. Without that list of applicable sailings, we can only hope our sailing is "applicable."

I'm planning to take my print-out confirmation page, but it doesn't really prove anything because it seems that everyone who submitted a request got a confirmation page. With the print-out, at least I will have something to show to Guest Services, which will be easier than just trying to explain it.

Still, I think either you will get it or you won't, and I doubt that a trip to Guest Services will change anything. They probably don't know anything about it.

What would be really helpful is a list of the applicable sailings, but so far no one who received the actual mailed offer has shared the list.

It definitely was for selected specific cruises only. The terms and conditions indicated "applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer." The problem is, we don't know what the applicable sailings are.

If someone comes and says they got it, it doesn't mean others will, and if someone comes and says they didn't get it, it doesn't mean others won't. Without that list of applicable sailings, we can only hope our sailing is "applicable."

I'm planning to take my print-out confirmation page, but it doesn't really prove anything because it seems that everyone who submitted a request got a confirmation page. With the print-out, at least I will have something to show to Guest Services, which will be easier than just trying to explain it.

Still, I think either you will get it or you won't, and I doubt that a trip to Guest Services will change anything. They probably don't know anything about it.

What would be really helpful is a list of the applicable sailings, but so far no one who received the actual mailed offer has shared the list.

We're all just hoping our cruise is on the "applicable list".

Our cruises are not till January 2014 so I'm hoping another MC OBC offer will show up in the fall. That's when it appeared last year and I did get that $50 OBC on each of our cruises. I had booked both of them using AmEx but added my MC for my S&S account.

Arrrggggg....this is what I was afraid of.....Sounded too good to be true. It must have just been for selected specific cruises.

Like many of you, I filled out and submitted the form, and have been wondering if we would get the OBC.

However, the "selected cruises" comment made me start thinking. Then I realized I might still have the direct mail piece. So I found it and, although it wasn't clear to me at first, now it does seem to be for specific cruises. And, I suspect that which cruises it's good for depends on where you are.

Carnival__MC_promo.jpg

I guess I'll stop wondering if we'll get it on the Triumph.

peabody304

Like many of you, I filled out and submitted the form, and have been wondering if we would get the OBC.

However, the "selected cruises" comment made me start thinking. Then I realized I might still have the direct mail piece. So I found it and, although it wasn't clear to me at first, now it does seem to be for specific cruises. And, I suspect that which cruises it's good for depends on where you are.

Carnival__MC_promo.jpg

I guess I'll stop wondering if we'll get it on the Triumph.

peabody304

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting. It looks very customized in that it is addressed directly to you and talking about your previous Western Caribbean cruise and enticing you to take another.

It makes me wonder (like you said) whether different people got a different offer based on their past cruises and/or preferences. The plot thickens. Oh, and "fall sailings" is kind of ambiguous, too.

Edited by CruzCrazy

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting. It looks very customized in that it is addressed directly to you and talking about your previous Western Caribbean cruise and enticing you to take another.

It makes me wonder (like you said) whether different people got a different offer based on their past cruises and/or preferences. The plot thickens. Oh, and "fall sailings" is kind of ambiguous, too.

and even more interesting is that someone said they were on Breeze and rec'd the credit. Breeze sails out of Miami, not Galveston or NOLA.

Mine had a few sailings on the flyer, but does not say "selected sailings" in the red box. So, who knows what I will find in January??? I, too, copied off the Congratulations page just in case it might do some good.

?ui=2&ik=c18e527281&view=att&th=1405093a3377e7d0&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1442569339939061760-local0&zw

Mine had a few sailings on the flyer, but does not say "selected sailings" in the red box. So, who knows what I will find in January??? I, too, copied off the Congratulations page just in case it might do some good.

?ui=2&ik=c18e527281&view=att&th=1405093a3377e7d0&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1442569339939061760-local0&zw

Can you post what your flyer said. Maybe it would help someone on here.