What the hell?!? FTTF cxl for today at midnight last night??

mtinney

I just opened an email that was sent to me at 12:12 am. My "shore excursion" was cancelled which was the FTTF. How does this happen when I'm literally getting ready to walk out the door in the next hour? I looked at my cruise docs and the little FTTF emblem is gone. I'm really not happy. Anyone else have this happen? I guess I'll just follow the masses when I get there.

I just opened an email that was sent to me at 12:12 am. My "shore excursion" was cancelled which was the FTTF. How does this happen when I'm literally getting ready to walk out the door in the next hour? I looked at my cruise docs and the little FTTF emblem is gone. I'm really not happy. Anyone else have this happen? I guess I'll just follow the masses when I get there.

If your walking out the door you should have already printed your luggage tags, if you have use em ;).

If your walking out the door you should have already printed your luggage tags, if you have use em ;).

EXACTLY! Most guests would have been travelling and not checking their e-mail. So, pretend you haven't and just take your FTTF documents with you. Have a great cruise!

Maybe they already have too many cruisers that earned it.

Did you get a refund?

Or maybe it's some glitch. Is the emblem already on your printed tags and docs?

Or maybe they just clean out the system and reset everything the day of sailing. I know I used the Kelly method one year just to make sure my adjoined cabin wasn't reassigned. The morning of my sailing, I couldn't pull anything up.

As you have all your cruise docs already printed - just take them and go. I'd be thinking this is a computer glitch of some sort but once at port if they say it has been cancelled - then I'd want to know why and make sure you get your $ money back. Come back and let us know - I've got FTTF in Oct.

Just curious, what port are you sailing out of?

I would be prepared for a slower embarkation. Perhaps they know that the ship is going to be late arriving, or there is going to be a delayed embarkation for some other reason.

It wouldn't really be fair for them to charge you for something that they know they are not going to be able to give you.

What ship and port are you sailing from?

Interesting. Didn't think of the possibility that FTTF might be revoked.

I may just save a copy of my PDF documents every couple of weeks, in case I need to "restore" my FTTF. Doesn't hurt to have a backup copy.

I'd do what others said and play dumb. Keep your FTTF boarding docs, walk up like nothing is wrong and join the FTTF line. If you're stopped, you show your docs with the logo and wait patiently for them to explain what happened. Chances are, you'll be able to get up to the check-in desk before someone looks at a list.

Make sure you come back after your cruise and let us know how it turned out!

I would be prepared for a slower embarkation. Perhaps they know that the ship is going to be late arriving, or there is going to be a delayed embarkation for some other reason.

It wouldn't really be fair for them to charge you for something that they know they are not going to be able to give you.

What ship and port are you sailing from?

i believe:confused: NY.....Glory...CTN.....according to their posts....

Extra caution at the NY port, no doubt

I printed my boarding pass today as well with my FTTF logo... now if only my fiance would put his passport information in, I can print his out too!

Just check the birth certificate box and print. The passport info can be added later or even at the port.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

All is well! I showed my boarding pass and they're all "oh FTTF that way". Got up in line and our names were on the list. Apparently since they didn't have our bags being taken (heightened security maybe???) the woman who checked us in said we would be refunded. Checked in fast ahead of everyone. Got on board immediately (about 1130) but no one took my bags???? Fine by me!!!! Yay $50 back!!!!

All is well! I showed my boarding pass and they're all "oh FTTF that way". Got up in line and our names were on the list. Apparently since they didn't have our bags being taken (heightened security maybe???) the woman who checked us in said we would be refunded. Checked in fast ahead of everyone. Got on board immediately (about 1130) but no one took my bags???? Fine by me!!!! Yay $50 back!!!!

$50 and you didn't do a reprint! Savings all around!

BON VOYAGE!

Congrats that is great! Have a great cruise!

THANK YOU!!! It worked!!!

I do it every time. Never bother to look them up. Just check the box and hand over the passports at the port. I used to type the number in, but I still had to hand them over and have them verified. This just saves me time :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You always have to carry your bags on and off on the CTN when porting from NYC. Somebody missed that at CCL. I'm glad that you were able to use FTTF to board but I also understand why they would't charge for it. Happy Sails.

What does CTN stand for? The last time we cruised out of NY they took our luggage. What am I missing?

Archived