Is it too early to pack?! :)

ContessaK

Our cruise is in 2 months and 1 week and I'm so excited I'm about to jump out of my skin. Hubby says I'm not allowed to ask him anymore cruise related opinions unless it is life altering. Apparently asking him what color snorkeling gear he would prefer did not fall under the life altering category. :rolleyes:

My brain is already thinking, 'oh, I could take this clothing and I better pack those vitamins and...' I think I'm obsessed. Hubby just accused me of being on the computer and this website for so long, he thinks I'm googling the right amount of underwear to bring.

After your tickets are all purchased and travel booked and such, what is the first thing you do that makes it all seem real? I'm thinking when I drag out my suitcase. (shhh, might do it tomorrow! Never too early! hehe :p)

What makes it seem real for me is (1st) When I go to pick my baggage up at baggage claim & see the agents from RCI, and (2nd) when I get the first glimpse of the cruise ship at the port. :D

Steve

That does seem like a 'real' moment when you see the big huge ship! :) I think it will also become real to me when I have to plan where my daughter stays while we're gone and having to plan all her homeschool work for someone else to teach her. That'll be fun, NOT! lol Oh! And ordering aforementioned snorkel gear. I mean, where else would I use that?! ha

No more questions it is then! Sounds like hot pink snorkeling gear is in order here :p

Lose the receipt.

EDIT: Do they make Hello Kitty snorkeling gear?

This would be hilarious! lol I am actually ordering pink, for me, since I usually have pink in my hair. I think if it came down to snorkeling in pink or not snorkeling, the man is using the pink! lol He won't miss out on that.

This would be hilarious! lol I am actually ordering pink, for me, since I usually have pink in my hair. I think if it came down to snorkeling in pink or not snorkeling, the man is using the pink! lol He won't miss out on that.

Oh, I found the one! Order this for him...and take TONS of pictures :D

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Time-Toys-16012-Mermaid/dp/B00914KKLK/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_2

Have a great cruise!

Oh, I found the one! Order this for him...and take TONS of pictures :D

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Time-Toys-16012-Mermaid/dp/B00914KKLK/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_2

Have a great cruise!

That is the awesomest one ever! I'll be sure to show him! hehe That's what he gets for not thinking all my questions were pertinent! :p

What makes it seem real for me is (1st) When I go to pick my baggage up at baggage claim & see the agents from RCI, and (2nd) when I get the first glimpse of the cruise ship at the port.

Steve

That first glimpse of the ship is a huge moment. My favorite is the first time you actually set foot on the ship and they welcome you aboard. So awesome.

That is the awesomest one ever! I'll be sure to show him! hehe That's what he gets for not thinking all my questions were pertinent!

I would order that one as a joke, and then a real set for him. Then, when you're getting ready to go snorkeling for the first time, lay out the "mermaid" set on the bed and take a picture of his face. "Honey, you didn't want to discuss it." LOL! Then give him the real stuff. That'll teach him :)

My brain is already thinking, 'oh, I could take this clothing and I better pack those vitamins and...' I think I'm obsessed. Hubby just accused me of being on the computer and this website for so long, he thinks I'm googling the right amount of underwear to bring.

After your tickets are all purchased and travel booked and such, what is the first thing you do that makes it all seem real? I'm thinking when I drag out my suitcase. (shhh, might do it tomorrow! Never too early! hehe :p)

I could have written this! We are also 2 months out. I bought a new carry-on suit case yesterday - why I don't know I have three perfectly good ones (but none are purple :rolleyes:). I have resupplied the first aid kit and the put it back in the bathroom. I have filled up the bathroom essentials kit and stuck it under the bed. I think DH knows I am doing this but he chooses not to bring it up as it would just start me with 1001 questions and comments about the upcoming cruise. Although on a long drive last weekend he was remembering past cruises and discussing the good times we have had - makes me hopeful that he may be becoming as obsessed as I am! :D:D

Love, love, love the idea of taking the mermaid snorkel set!!!

Create a master packing list and save it in a Word document on your computer. Then, as you start putting things together, you can check off each item. When everything is checked off, it'll be time to cruise:D

When we are at the one month out point before a cruise (or any vacation,) our guest rooms turns into "vacation central." My packing list is on the dresser, and as things find their way into that room, they get checked off:) We're 2-1/2 weeks away from our next cruise, and that room is looking like a great vacation is getting ready to happen:D

Sign me up or this thread also. We have a last minute cruise booked for the 18th of this month on Carnival and we are taking my mother in law with us. I have had to ask some questions about excursions, etc. (really 16 days away) and I get. Do we have to make a decision now comment.:eek: really! So starting this week, I am making "executive" decisions and he will have to live with it.

Oh by the way, our daughter gets married next month and same thing...learned to say "need the money now please" and no you don't need to know why any more. Really it's a wedding. Just show up at his point. Plan a wedding, plan a cruise...equals "executive decisions" Lol:D

It's never too early to start packing. We leave in just over 2 months, but I probably won't pack until a week or 2 before we go. :eek: We are just going for a week out of New Orleans, and will be staying a couple days there pre-cruise. When we go in Jan, we are doing a B2B on Legend and will be on the ship for 21 days. That one I will plan a little more ahead for packing. :D

Istarted packing at the 45 day mark. I just couldn't help myself. I have 90% of my stuff packed and i add new stuff weekly as time gets closer and i find i won't be needing some stuff before the cruise.

I have a travel packet ready at home and work and on my phone that consists of an excel spreadsheet for each of us with checklists for different suitcases along with a copy of our hotel and parking reservations and our beverage package confirmation for on board and the list of all the shows we booked online. I'm a little bit of a planner and it drives my boyfriend nuts that i prepare so far in advance but it drives me nuts that he packs the day before! We have 19 days left and i can barely wait!!

I will do the bulk of my packing the week before, just need to add the electrical chargers and other things that can't be packed earlier.

Hubby usually works right up to the day before we leave and he packs the night before. I have tried for 38 years to get him to pack earlier but he can't be moved. Says he can't pack and then have to go to work, it's too depressing so he comes home from his last day at work to pack.

I do make sure the washing is all up to date in preparation for his packing which takes less than half an hour!!

The first thing that makes it feel real for me is reserving all of the excursions, drink packages, dining and shows on the RCI website.

But like everyone else here, then it won't feel real until I see the ship and we board.

Until then, I live vicariously through people's reviews. I love seeing all of the pictures and reading about their incredible experiences. :)

I start getting organized about 2 months ahead. We are about 40 days out from our next cruise. Thanks to a spare room that no-one but me ever looks at, I have stuff piled up on the bed and most of the little shopping items taken care of. Since we usually only travel with carry-ons, packing is a tricky thing requiring test runs to make sure everything will fit. ;) For me, the planning and packing is a fun part of the experience.

To be fair, my husband is just as excited as I am (he hasn't had a real vacation in 4 years) but he has so much to do at work in the next two months before we leave, its hard for him to focus on vacation thoughts. I'm trying to leave him alone. TRYING, is the optimum word... ;)

I figure I can't pack clothes yet at all except the sundresses I already bought. I'm on a strict 'cruise lose' eating and I'm sure some of my clothes now will not be fitting me then, thankfully. Sundresses will though, they're flowy.

As much as I like the idea of bringing the mermaid set, that's just more luggage for a moment's gag. But I plan to show him it and lie that I ordered it. hehe

Been looking at various packing lists online. So confusing. I would rather pack and take a carry on. Not sure if I can manage it for a B2B though. My parents go to Europe every year for 3 weeks and they do it. But they take like 3 outfits, with lots of pockets to carry everything, and laundry soap to clean them. I don't think I'm as saavy...

Girl, I think I've about driven my husband MAD talking about our upcoming cruise. I haven't started "packing" per se, but the suitcases are out. In the middle of our bedroom floor. Open. :o

Anyways... I've started making and checking off the packing list. I'll start picking up little things here and there that I think we'll need. I'm trying to take one day at a time, bc "cruise mode" will be here and over with before we know it. Unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Happy Sails!!:)

Wow...we are getting extremely excited also! Our cruise is on the Oasis in approx. 6wks...I have made a clothes list but haven't pulled out the suitcases yet. Hubby and our grown children and spouses who are coming with us are getting excited also! We have gone on "chat" several times to RCCL agents with various questions...I'm sure we are driving them crazy as well LOL Everyone have a WONDERFUL time! :D

Never to early to start prepping for the packing! LOL I set up the extra bedroom with a clothing rack to hang outfits on as I put them together. I have tote that I am forever throwing things in for vacations....soaps, shampoos, Band-Aids etc. so I just need to pull that stuff out and place into suitcase. I make the final pack the night before. I have everything on a spreadsheet so as it is packed I mark it off. Have fun from one Missourian to another!

For me, two months is WAY too early to pack. I'll send off any clothes to the dry cleaners about a week before, and pack the night before I leave.

Its real when all the reservations have been made. Nothing following that makes it feel "more real".

Archived