Virtuoso

LaPaloma

Just received a nice brochure from a local TA--the brochure was combination with Seabourn and Virtuoso. They did a nice job--the gal who sent it is a regular on Seabourn. Has anybody used a Virtuoso TA? They apparently offer a few extras for a Seabourn trip--cocktail party--free one-of-a kind- shore-excursion--onboard host, and special Virtuoso Club pricing. We have always gone direct(if we have referral coupon) or Platinum Travel otherwise! I wonder if they-(Virtuoso) will be compeditive? It appears that its a National program for local TA's.

LaPaloma,

Virtuoso agents are the cream of the crop. They are a worldwide consortium of travel agencies that specialize in luxury travel.

Have always had great success with them. You can also use your referral coupons through them.

Hope this helps.

mcboo:) :)

My TA is a Virtuoso agent and you are right, there are extra benefits to using one. Not every leg of every sailing has a special tour/cocktail party for their clients; it depends on the number of bookings. For example, the first leg of Monaco-Barcelona we had a DIVINE day in Provence which included a lovely luncheon at a Relais & Chateaux resort. On the second leg apparently there were only '5' of 'us' so I got an onboard credit. One time a cruise had no rep but I got a Tiffany clock! Now, I just happened to have an agent who is a member, but you can get one via the Virtuoso website.

One thing I found out when I finally read a small sign behind the check in desk at my fav London hotel, and it was a Virtuoso memeber announcement. Now, I hate to bother my TA with a simple hotel reservation but I asked him about it and he got me a cheaper rate and wine and this time coming up, a complimentary dinner. I actually confronted the manager that as a good customer I should get these things anyway, but apparently not. (That was a discussion done with humor, however.)

Jane

Mcboo and Jane--thankyou very much--I like the gal that sent me the brochure, I'm going to talk to her--I like the idea she is local, and easy to got to--she is even a star on Seabourn Stories on the Seabourn Web site, and the new World of Seabourn DVD. She and her husband are the other Tucson people featured! Don

Not only Virtuoso offers those amenties (and they are cruise specific, so not every cruise has them), but so do Ensemble affillated travel agents. You may find that some cruises have Virtuoso benefits and others have Ensemble benefits, so check around.

• 1 month later...

I just learned that on the Pride crossing, the Virtuoso excursion will be the day we are in Dublin, sailing at 6. Not sure if there are any other posters/ lurkers on here that might want this information.

Jane in PHL (waiting for DHL to come pick up my suitcase)

I think that in this day with email and faxes, it's very easy to have an agent who is not local. Mine is in Naples, FL and actually, he was my parents' agent before I started cruising. Of course the aforementioned equipment also make it easier not to need an agent than before. It annoys me that I can email a hotel and get a reservation, but if I ask my agent to do it, I get an automatic upgrade, and other amenities.

Jane

Archived