Grandeur review July 26 - Aug 2

True, it didnt deteer me from having a good time. i barely spent any time in my room, so .. only time I smelled it was when i went back to my room to change or drop something off. ( again glade plugin). Maybe it wasnt deck 4 , maybe it was my husband, and he was blaming it on the plumbing??????? :)

My wife and I were on the July 19 sailing out of Baltimore. There was only 1 day that I smelled a foul, sewage type odor - and it was localized to one area and was not present long. Sorry, can't remember the location.

I have experienced this smell on many other ships, and they are always limited in nature. Most likely caused by someone flushing something down the toilet that wasn't intended to be flushed - causing maintenance to unclog the drain, thus - causing an odor.

The toilets are a "Vacu Flush" system, much like toilets on smaller boats. I don't believe "flushing" is the problem here. It may have to do with the shape of the toilet bowl and it's spatial relation to the toilet seat. You will most likely encounter "skid marks" in the toilet bowl after flushing. Flushing alone a second time will not solve the problem. Unfortunately, you will most likely have to use the toilet bowl brush to clean the area into the water - and flush a second time.

I washed my hands a lot on this cruise.

I would not let either of these things deter me from cruising on the Grandeur. As a matter of fact, we will be back on the Grandeur this December for Christmas and new Year's Eve.

- Doc

Appreciate the review and info.

Sailing her with the family in two weeks. Definitely not happy to read about the continued sewage smell as we have a deck 4 cabin about 10 cabins forward of where you were.

I thought about cancelling when I first started reading about the smell issues but figured they'd have it straightened out by now (and Grandeur fit our schedule better than Explorer).

We'll have a great cruise either way, I just would prefer to not feel like my lodging is inside a Mr. Bob...

True, it didnt deteer me from having a good time. i barely spent any time in my room, so .. only time I smelled it was when i went back to my room to change or drop something off. ( again glade plugin). Maybe it wasnt deck 4 , maybe it was my husband, and he was blaming it on the plumbing??????? :)

LOL :D:D:D

Good One!

Agree with OP regarding sewer smells. We had that in May this year also. Inside our cabin it was fine. We were on deck 3 mid. Toilet flushed fine most of the time.

Solarium...OMG... Hot as a mother. They didn't ever open it. I don't know why? I just moved outside when I was hit and swollen from the heat : )

Nice review : ). Glad you had fun!

We just got back yesterday. We were in cabin 3579 and every time we walked into the room we wondered about the smell...so im assuming we were smelling the same thing....we had quite a bit of rain so the solarium roof was closed all week, Luckily it did not rain all day every day but it rained enough to send us back to the ship while in Nassau and cocoa cay--luckily we got some beach time. Otherwise it was a fantastic cruise.....I am experiencing PCD today--post cruise depression:(

so im wondering what deck is the dining room on? can you smell the sewer smell from the dining room?

i'm on deck 8....i hope i don't smell anything. I also can't stand it when the toilets dont flush when you need them too. Its one thing if it s a few minutes or a little more but when you leave and come back 2 or 3 hours and still don't have a flushed toilet, that's a problem. That's happened to me twice and it seemed to be on older ships.

so im wondering what deck is the dining room on? can you smell the sewer smell from the dining room?

i'm on deck 8....i hope i don't smell anything. I also can't stand it when the toilets dont flush when you need them too. Its one thing if it s a few minutes or a little more but when you leave and come back 2 or 3 hours and still don't have a flushed toilet, that's a problem. That's happened to me twice and it seemed to be on older ships.

The dining room spans decks 4 and 5.

Archived