How much time at the castles with Caribbean Historical Tours?

kasil

Has anyone taken the General Tour lately? How much time did you spend at each of the stops? Was the admission to the castles included in the tour price? I've emailed the company but all I got back was a general email that didn't have the answers to my questions. Thanks for the help.

• 10 months later...

I didn't get an answer before the tour, but the answer was none. The tower of one of the castles was pointed out to us from a distance, but we didn't tour the castles at all. :(

Both of the "castles" now charge admission (whereas Bluebeard's only started recently, though the fee may not be imposed every day.) There's very little public parking at either castle, so they're best seen during a walking tour.

Thank you for the information...I'm going this summer & trying to get an idea on what tours I'd like to purchase. I am thinking i'd like to take the general tour w/ a beach stop...But I wanted to go INSIDE the castles...or I wonder is it worth it to go inside the castle?

IMO, Blackbeard's Castle is a good stop if you're on a historical walking tour. The views are incredibly gorgeous, and the houses are very nicely restored. It's nice if you're into history and would like to see how those not on plantations lived. Blackbeard's has swimming pools for you to cool off after your walking tour, so it can be very relaxing taking in that gorgeous view.

I wouldn't want to do it as part of a group taxi tour, because I'd probably feel rushed. They also moved the pirate statues indoors (they were not doing well in the elements), so it's less impressive and not as much fun. Very little room to take your picture with the statues, and the shop is not well lit in all areas.