Another new ship scores LOWER than Breakaway

younglegend

I would bet my eyesight that NCL would NOT be happy with a 60% favorability rating. To a business, that is a fail.

I am hoping (beyond reason) that even after time, the reviews don't level out.

I would hate to see people adjust to being 'sardined' on a ship and finding it acceptable.

I am hoping the reviews remain less than stellar and NCL rethinks designing any more 'cram the passengers' ships. I hate this trend....

Agree that most companies would not be happy with 60%. And there are newer ships that get really good scores...Celebrity Reflection has 87% that love it and Disney Dream at 84%. We have considered Epic and Breakaway but just seems crammed with too many people and too low a space ratio.

Agree that most companies would not be happy with 60%. And there are newer ships that get really good scores...Celebrity Reflection has 87% that love it and Disney Dream at 84%. We have considered Epic and Breakaway but just seems crammed with too many people and too low a space ratio.

You will see the reviews on here are much better than when they started. Breakway has only been sailing for 3 months, Reflection is almost a year old and Dream is 2 years old. What we are saying is that it takes a bit of time to work out the kinks and they are doing just that. Read the reviews in this forum and you'll see that people are enjoying the ship and have not had issues with crowds other than the pool deck, which is an issue on every ship in the summer time, though this seems like a bigger issue on Breakaway

Which is precisely my point. It all comes down to design, and passenger comfort in mind. Going off the reviews, I'm reading mostly how the cabins are really small, smaller than most reasonably expected. Also in one review how the MDR's have an hour wait at 6PM. Or the waiting in line to see a show. This hardly constitutes the "Breakaway sucks" campaign you're suggesting. Do you really believe people are going on cruises and then writing bad reviews for the sole purpose of undermining the cruiseline? Maybe NCL went to the well too many times on this? We'll see I guess, as more reviews come out and have any impact on future booking.

I just hope, as mentioned in an earlier post, that customers don't become complacent and accept this as the new normal.

I will be surprised if at 6 pm there is an hour wait for the MDR. Possibly for a large group that did not make a reservation and was unwilling to split to smaller tables, but otherwise, that would be a surprise.

I have seen others wait in lines for shows on other ships and I have waited for a few myself. I one has a reservation and wants the first choice of seats, lining up before the doors open may be worth it. If one does not have a reservation and wishes to maximize their standby chances, lining up early again is a reasonable choice. For me, simply making the reservation and being less picky about my seat has kept me out of many lines.

Archived