Pre-Cruise Hotel @ Pt. Canaveral

Is the Radisson at the Port still the best place to book for the pre-cruise evening? I noticed that their rate had substantially gone up since my last cruise, a few years ago. Any help would be appreciated.

B 454

Don't know what you consider the best. I'm sure others will have names of other hotels they recommend. I wasn't as impressed with the Radisson as many others are. It was fine...but a little pricey too. There are soooo many hotels in that same area....you have multiple choices. We got our last hotel last Dec. with Priceline....sorry can't remember the place..it was in Cocoa beach. But we always rent a car at the airport when we go out of PC...then return close to the port and they shuttle u over to the port for free. Very inexpensive way to do it and be able to have the freedom of driving around the prenight and go out to dinner.

MOre info than you wanted...but I wouldn't necessarily stick with the Radisson...many choices out there and I'm sure much less.

Good luck!

I booked the Hilton at Cocoa Beach using easy click travel .com! It was $74.00 per night. This area is about 5 miles away from the port and the hotel has been recently remodeled and is located on the beach. I have been told that this hotel does not have a balcony but i'm ok with that since we will only be there one night. This is one of easy clicks off the record hotels, which means you don't know that it is the Hilton until after you book. when you check more info it should say located besides the inviting waters of the Atlantic, along a long strech of sandy beach........ that is the Hilton. I understand they are still doing some work on this hotel but shoud be finished by the time I'm there in 10/05.

We did the Radisson last April for our cruise on the Mariner. Yeah, it was a bit pricey, but they do a wonderful job of handing a lot of one-nighters like us pre-cruisers. They do have a shuttle to the port, and a comp. breakfast buffet, but they also shuttled us to and from restaurants in the area for free. I would probably return to the Radisson just because they do such a nice job... and I don't have to think... which is what I want when I'm on vacation... vacate... don't think... ahhhhhhh

I have stayed at the Radisson twice and both times was not happy with the place. The rooms were not that clean and they looked worn.

I like the Marriott Courtyard. It is just a little further south on the same road. Very clean and on the ocean. There is a Hampton Inn right next door that also looks nice from the outside. Have never stayed there though.

I have stayed at the Radisson twice and both times was not happy with the place. The rooms were not that clean and they looked worn.

I like the Marriott Courtyard. It is just a little further south on the same road. Very clean and on the ocean. There is a Hampton Inn right next door that also looks nice from the outside. Have never stayed there though.

Crusin Gator - Have you stayed at the Hampton Inn before? Can you see the pier? We have reservations at the Hampton Inn & the Radisson as of now for our January cruise on the Mariner.

We stayed at the Hilton May and have a great experience. We, too, used easyclicktravel.com to book. It was $69/night (which was $50 cheapter than the Radisson). the hotel was neewly renovated and very comfortable. New furnishings and linens, new carpet, new furniture. Bathroom had been redone and was very nice as well. We joined the Hilton HHonors program (free) and were upgraded to a partial OV at no cost. They also gave us late checkout (Noon) for being members. It's right on the beach in a nice location. We would stay there again without hesitation for future cruises out of Port Canaveral.

I got the suggestion from one of your post to use easyclicktravel for booking the Hilton. At that time you had not gone on your trip yet. Glad to hear everytime was nice. Tell me about the honors program is that something I need to join after I get there or before hand? Was the pool/beach area nice? What kind of eating establishments are close by?

TIA

They do not has a shuttle to the port, so I assume no free parking. The hilton is about 5-6 miles from port. It advertises that it is on the beach. I wish laurasue would read this and answer some of our hilton questions.

I had made reservations there thru EasyClick and no one there knew so I called the Hilton direct. Got someone who knew nothing about pre-cruise anything but finally was told no parking. Last I knew it was $10/day to park @ the pier.Therefore it cost more than the Rad. It may be nicer now than the Rad. but we only need a place to crash after the drive down & b4 the cruise the next a.m.. Have stayed @ the Rad twice now & it's not luxury but suits us. Matter of priorities. :)

Good morning

We have stayed at the holiday Inn Oceanfront resort in Cocoa Beach twice prior to our may 2 and June 6 cruises I hit it on price line for 52.00 was a great value for this motel. I was kinda worried because of the reviews I read at tripadvisor but this motel had gone through a remodel because of Hurrican damage it recieved in late 2004. The rooms were nice and clean and by it being an older motel the rooms were larger than these newer motels It has a very Nice LARGE pool hot tub and much more and it is right on the beach, You can walk to the beach and see the ships leaving it is 7 miles from the port, they do have a resturant and bar on site but it is a bit pricey.but there is resturants near by I have another cruised booked for sept 19 Im going to try to hit this motel again I just like the location O yes there is a 4.95 resort fee charged when you check in or out that is not part of the room rate or taxes Have a great cruise James

Archived