Hotel to Airport for 06:45 flight

Darkster

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the best thread to post this but I have searched everywhere with no success. Were staying in Rome two days post cruise near Navona and our flight departs at 0645hrs on a Friday morning. What I'm trying to decide is if we should spend out last night at the airport hotel or figure out how to get from downtown to the airport at 0430 in the morning. We would obviously rather stay at the Piazza.....

Would we be able to get a shuttle/taxi at that hour? What's a good time to leave downtown to be able to check-in and make our early flight? Am I stressing over the end of our vacation for nothing?:confused:

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the best thread to post this but I have searched everywhere with no success. Were staying in Rome two days post cruise near Navona and our flight departs at 0645hrs on a Friday morning. What I'm trying to decide is if we should spend out last night at the airport hotel or figure out how to get from downtown to the airport at 0430 in the morning. We would obviously rather stay at the Piazza.....

Would we be able to get a shuttle/taxi at that hour? What's a good time to leave downtown to be able to check-in and make our early flight? Am I stressing over the end of our vacation for nothing?:confused:

Thanks in advance for your advice!

No need to stress at all. Im in the same boat as you with a 615am flight after 3 night post cruise in Rome. Stay where you are for the last night and enjoy yourselfs. Get ahold of www.romecabs.com. Thats who im using for a 330am pick up at my apartment. You can also pay in advance if you want to. We are in Campo dei Fiori and i want to stay there till the end. Larry

Did you choose the 03:30 pickup time or is that what they recommended based on your departure flight? Should be fun getting my wife up that early! The running joke in our house is that she will only get up before 7am if she's flying someplace tropical, but then again after two weeks away from the children, she will probably be homesick for them and the dogs.

Your hotel can easily book a taxi for you; the fixed fare for this journey is 48 Euro regardless of time of day and includes all fees. The information is on the city web site here: http://www.comune.roma.it/PCR/resources/cms/documents/tariffario_taxi_luglio_2012.pdf

Given the time I'm fairly sure that your flight is not direct to the US; therefore you don't need to be at the airport as early as you would for a flight to the States. You'll probably find that the check in desks won't even open until 5 AM.

Your hotel can easily book a taxi for you; the fixed fare for this journey is 48 Euro regardless of time of day and includes all fees. The information is on the city web site here: http://www.comune.roma.it/PCR/resources/cms/documents/tariffario_taxi_luglio_2012.pdf

Given the time I'm fairly sure that your flight is not direct to the US; therefore you don't need to be at the airport as early as you would for a flight to the States. You'll probably find that the check in desks won't even open until 5 AM.

Thanks euro cruiser, your correct, were flying to Frankfurt and have a 3 hour layover there before our long flight on the big A380 to SFO.

How long is the drive from Navona to the airport?

It's 20 miles from Piazza Navona to the airport, most of the trip on the highway. Early in the morning it should take a half hour to make the trip.

Thanks again!! Now I can let my wife know she can sleep until 4am:D

Archived