4J Breeze

nadine26

We had a 4J cabin on the Freedom and we loved it. It was great having that window to the front of the ship. I didn't think we felt any more movement there than anyplace else on the ship. I would book it again in a heartbeat.

We had a 4J on the Splendor, and did like having the window, and also did feel the movement of the ship quite a bit. That was on the Pacific, which is a lot rougher (especially going north, against that Alaskan current) than the Caribbean. Our friend had a 4J on the Magic last week, and loved it. He said he felt a little movement, which didn't bother him at all. We were in a cove balcony midship down on Deck 2, and didn't feel any movement at all. Unless you are very sensitive to movement of the ship, I wouldn't let the forward location worry you for a Caribbean cruise. Unless you're sailing during hurricane season?

Not sure of the cabin code, but we were in an interior on the Splendor on the spa area deck 10 and we were a few door from the front with the 4j cabins, and the movement was not very bad, but the noise sounded like we were hitting whales all night long, constant thumping, like a speed boat hitting the wake from another boat. after a day you got used to it and were fine, this was out of Long Beach,

We are doing a 4J on the Liberty in October and look forward to the window also, but I have heard you can not have the curtin open at night, due to the glare on the bridge,

Does anyone know if this is true? (not what you have heard, but actually were in the cabin and told to keep it closed)

Wife and I have stayed in 4J cabins twice on the Breeze...one on deck 7 on the TA last november and again this past May on deck 10..totaly enjoyed staying in both....deck 10 maybe enjoyed a bit more since it had "easy access" to Lido deck stuff....movement to us is not that exaggerated...seas were mostly calm though....but a few "rough spots"....just rocked us to sleep better!!

Not sure of the cabin code, but we were in an interior on the Splendor on the spa area deck 10 and we were a few door from the front with the 4j cabins, and the movement was not very bad, but the noise sounded like we were hitting whales all night long, constant thumping, like a speed boat hitting the wake from another boat. after a day you got used to it and were fine, this was out of Long Beach,

We are doing a 4J on the Liberty in October and look forward to the window also, but I have heard you can not have the curtin open at night, due to the glare on the bridge,

Does anyone know if this is true? (not what you have heard, but actually were in the cabin and told to keep it closed)

Yes it is true. There are signs in the cabins and our stewards always tell us to keep them closed and why. Also it is VERY dark out on the deck at night...along with very windy. I would not hesitate to choose these cabins again and in fact have one chosen again for our January cruise.

I think you will love it. They are really a great value. Just be careful to look at the deck plans, because some are oversized cabins and some can be undersized cabins.

I had a 4J on Liberty and a 6S on Dream (same type location as the 4J cabins, but on the 11th deck). I loved them both and didn't experience any excessive motion due to the location. I booked another oversized 4J for my Freedom cruise this October.

Edited by rockbock

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a link to photos of 10206 on the Breeze. We love 4J's.

http://s594.photobucket.com/user/welldone60/library/Breeze%2010206?sort=2&page=1

@Welldone... Did you tap into either the HDMI or RCA inputs of the TV. Anything special needed other than the right cables and possibly a universal remote to switch the input?

Thanks. b

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

@Welldone... Did you tap into either the HDMI or RCA inputs of the TV. Anything special needed other than the right cables and possibly a universal remote to switch the input?

Thanks. b

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No we did not use the inputs on the TV.

• 4 months later...