Question about Price Change/OBC

sapphire9md

Hi all!

We've booked a 7-day cruise at an Early Saver rate (originally $509pp) and have had 1 price reduction so far to $489pp. I see now that there is a VIFP sale going on where the rate would be $529pp, but would have OBC with it. The fine print says "UP TO $150pp OBC for sails of 6 days or more"...so I have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to determine exactly how much OBC would be given (not having anything to do with the early saver - but just if someone were to book new at this sale price)?

2) If it truly is $150pp OBC, this would be a better deal than our $489pp price from early saver (essentially $529-150=$379)...so would Carnival match this somehow through the Early Saver program? (I understand our balance would be higher up front for the cruise, but I have no doubt that we will spend that much on the ship for drinks, gratuities, etc.)

And finally, 3) If they did give us the rate of $529pp + OBC and then the price drops again, would they still match a price drop in the future? If so, what happens to the OBC?

Thanks!

Hi all!

We've booked a 7-day cruise at an Early Saver rate (originally $509pp) and have had 1 price reduction so far to $489pp. I see now that there is a VIFP sale going on where the rate would be $529pp, but would have OBC with it. The fine print says "UP TO $150pp OBC for sails of 6 days or more"...so I have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to determine exactly how much OBC would be given (not having anything to do with the early saver - but just if someone were to book new at this sale price)? Go on the Carnival site and do a mock booking, the amount of OBC will be towards the top right of the screen

2) If it truly is $150pp OBC, this would be a better deal than our $489pp price from early saver (essentially $529-150=$379)...so would Carnival match this somehow through the Early Saver program? (I understand our balance would be higher up front for the cruise, but I have no doubt that we will spend that much on the ship for drinks, gratuities, etc.) yes, we went up $20 once to get $50 OBC

And finally, 3) If they did give us the rate of $529pp + OBC and then the price drops again, would they still match a price drop in the future? If so, what happens to the OBC? You are always ES and so can continue to match, just subtract the amount of the OBC from your rate. Like, in your example above, the rate to match to would have to be below $379

Thanks!

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply!

I was trying to do a mock booking, but could never find where it showed the amount of OBC...your reply really helped me to finally locate it! :)

I've never had OBC credit (only sailed once before)...does it show somewhere under the "My Cruise Manager" on the Carnival site once it's added to the account?

Archived