Pre-booked land taxi in Venice

margbem

Just a quick snippet of information for anyone staying at Marco Polo Airport the night before your cruise: the company we're using for the land transfer to San Basilio (sun transfers.com) has agreed to pick us up at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel rather than the airport itself which saves an element of hassle. There's no extra charge for this and we are sitting here patiently in the hotel reception eagerly awaiting our transfer to San Basilio in 35 minutes time. Getting excited now :-)

Please let me know how this transfer works as we are leaving next Thursday for Spirit . WE too are spending the night at the Courtyard and looking for a land transfer to the Spirit and then a transfer on return for an early morning depature on 9/14. i look forward to your response. Do have a wonderful trip. How exciting!

Please let me know how this transfer works as we are leaving next Thursday for Spirit . WE too are spending the night at the Courtyard and looking for a land transfer to the Spirit and then a transfer on return for an early morning depature on 9/14. i look forward to your response. Do have a wonderful trip. How exciting!

The land transfer was a breeze. The driver turned up 10m early in an immaculate Mercedes and the transfer took about 20m. We were able to drop our luggage off immediately onto a trolley and from there it was about a 300 meter walk to San Basilio terminal. Btw Spirit is brilliant and we're having a great time.

Check your PMs also.

Thank you so much for getting back to me regarding your transfer and information. I will email them right away.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise as we love the small ships - we started off with them on Seabourn and it truly feels like family with the size, the service etc.

If you have any other reports or 'heads up' info would love to hear but want to tell you again how much I appreciate you getting back to me regarding the land taxi.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help me with the name of a company to book a land taxi to the airport from San Basilio when we disembark the Spirit? I have searched the Italy ports board but water taxis seem to be mentioned all the time. We do not want a water taxi.

If we risk it without pre-booking, will there be taxis waiting? Any help gratefully received.

Just to reassure everyone we booked, as posted earlier, through www.City-Airport-Taxis.com, with credit card details to confirm. On arrival at Marco Polo there was a smart, English-speaking, well-dressed, charming young man waiting outside Arrivals with our name on a clipboard. He took our two wheelie bags outside to a very smart Mercedes saloon, seated us courteously and drove us to San Basilio terminal dropping us right beside the Seabourn baggage handlers.

He re-confirmed our departure details which were for an 0930 pick-up on 24th - and we paid him EUR 80 in cash (EUR 40 for each direction).

Yesterday morning we got off the ship at around 0900, picked up our bags in the terminal and walked outside at 0915. At 0920 an equally smart, well-dressed and charming young man arrived with our names on a clipboard, did the whole thing in reverse and dropped us off at Marco Polo at just before 1000 for a 1230 flight. Perfetto!

stamfordian, was it your choice to pay the first driver for the return trip at the same time as the initial pick up or is that the company's policy? Thank you.

Company policy. He explained that was the way it worked. Gave a receipt showing both trips prepaid. On return journey we were just asked to sign a docket that we had been picked up and delivered according to schedule.

Archived