What's Wrong With this Price or Ship?

bravjd

Currently have booked the RCI Mariner for Xmas '06, but due to a previous poster's comments regarding special holiday pricing on Celebrity, I started to research this cruise line.

There's an 11 day ultimate Caribbean cruise on the Constellation and a 7 day eastern on the Millennium. The unusual part is they cost about the same. Why is the 11 day cruise so cheap? I actually like the different ports offered on the 11 day cruise, so that can't be it.

Is this truely a great deal or am I missing something?

I'm not sure what you mean.

On the X website the 11 night Connie starts at $1600, the 7 night cruise on the Millennium starts at $580. The Zenith has an 11 night that starts at $900, but that is an older ship, I believe, without the balconies of the M class ships.

Am I missing something?

Comparing category 2A, 3 passengers for the sailing that includes Xmas:

12/18 11 day Constellation is $5315

12/24 7 day Millennium is $5400

That is a really good deal.

There is nothing wrong with the Constellation, it was just named the best ship of its class by Conde Nast "Traveler" Magazine. We are booked on her for next spring.

It may be a little cheaper (or rather the Millie might be a little higher)because there may be a greater demand for the 7 day holiday cruise. Perhaps they figure more people can get off work and school for one week as opposed to 11 days, maybe?

? :confused:

There is nothing wrong with the Constellation, it was just named the best ship of its class by Conde Nast "Traveler" Magazine.

OOOPs, sorry, it was the Infinity that led the big ships in the poll of readers, the Connie was only number two. :o

Pricing will be influenced by how the cruises are filling up. 7-nighters appear to be more popular and also a 12/18 start may be a little close to the start of school breaks for some.

Constellation and Millenium are twin ships. If anything, the Constellation has the advantage - it was manufactured later and hasn't had the propulsion pod problems that the early Millenium class ships have had.

Archived