QE2 Canadian Crossing September 2005

Philipp

• 3 weeks later...

We were on QE2 in June this year, and they had 3 FOD meetings in the Yacht Club (unhosted) . 1st on day 2 at 5pm, quite a few attended and a few extras wondering who Dorothy was!!!! It broke the ice and enhanced the holiday Not sure this time ,with it being 21 days whether there will be many friends on board, still we will soon find out.

• 3 weeks later...
We were on QE2 in June this year, and they had 3 FOD meetings in the Yacht Club (unhosted) . 1st on day 2 at 5pm, quite a few attended and a few extras wondering who Dorothy was!!!! It broke the ice and enhanced the holiday Not sure this time ,with it being 21 days whether there will be many friends on board, still we will soon find out.

Less than 4 weeks to go, hurrah!

Hey QE2 Fans....

I've done 3 QE2 cruises, 2 with Pied Piper and 1 with Cunard. My partner has not enjoyed the opportunity to experience aboard Her Majesty QE2. Craig and I have been on the cruise lines Princess, RCCI, HAL together and have had a Great time on each. (Exception for AOS Cruise Director Richard Spacey who is homophobic)

The question I have is .... How do I convince Craig that the QE2 is an ULTIMATE ride for ANY itinerary? To have been on QE2 will be a personal quest and experience that will live on. I've MANY original items from the ship....My first trip afloat was on the QE2 by MYSELF....what a way to start enjoying time away from work, eh?

Any clues men?

The QE2's best selling point is her STYLE.

Just compare her elegant lines against most modern cruise ships and it's like comparing a sports car with an SUV.

And of course she's got style on the inside as well. A pre-dinner drink in the Chartroom bar, whilst listening to that lovely piano from the original Queen Mary, is an experience that simply can't be matched.

Can any other ship race along at over 30 knots when the occasion demands? I don't think so!

And of course she's a QUEEN! ;)

You just keep mentioning these things to your partner and it can't fail.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the style. coupled with the service and the black tie nights where nearly everyone actually wears dinner jackets .The traditional way of cruising and long may it continue And they make a superb martini !!!!.

The ship is not glitzy, nor does it try to be, but it does have an atmosphere of its own which you need to experience to appreciate. Tell your other half he can have some new outfits if he goes on it.

Well TJL 2 weeks and counting. Any weather forecasts?

Hmmm, longest range forecast I could find was only 5 days ahead.

East coast of Canada seems a comfortable twentyish degrees at the moment.

Quebec a tad warmer.

Jolly steamy in New York - into the thirties, dunno if it'll last.

Never done a September Atlantic crossing, so no idea whether it'll be rough or smooth.

Anyway, roll on 30th August!

Tim.

• 1 month later...

I know that this particular cruise has been and gone :( but just thought I'd say that it was BRILLIANT and I met some lovely fellow FOD's. Was also impressed with the number of (unhosted) meetings scheduled in the Yacht Club - seemed to be around every other day. My next QE2 cruise can't come soon enough!

Tim x

Archived