Booking while onboard

We're going on a cruise in April of 2006.....and have our eye on another cruise for the 4 of us in 2007. Can we book another cruise while onboard? What are the benefits of booking while onboard as opposed to booking any other time? And, what is needed to book while onboard? I appreciate your answers! :)

When booking on board you will get an onboard credit to be used for the cruise you book ($100 for 7 day). Your travel gets credit for the booking and it is transferred to them if you want. You only need to pay for the deposit with a credit card or cash separate from your Seapass account. :)

Keep an eye on your 2007 cruise when the bookings open. Some cruises sell out the best accommodations very early. If you are set on a particular cabin location, and those are selling fast, you may not want to wait until you can book on board.

We wanted a JS on the Grandeur for 11/19/06 and were going to wait to book on board the Brilliance on 1/2/06. As of this week all the JS's and balconies are gone! Learning from the nice people on the Grandeur board, we booked as soon as the bookings were open and got our JS. If you're not particular, go ahead and wait. For us, the $100 credit was not worth missing the cabin we wanted.

We booked the above Brilliance cruise on the Brilliance this past January. At that time there were plenty of cabins available. And we got $200 credit because it's a longer cruise.

Have a great time!

When booking on board you will get an onboard credit to be used for the cruise you book ($100 for 7 day). Your travel gets credit for the booking and it is transferred to them if you want. You only need to pay for the deposit with a credit card or cash separate from your Seapass account. :)

What if I am booking a 5 day cruise? Will I still get the shipboard credit and can I use the same credit card for the deposit as the one I have my seapass on?

What is the 'perk' for being a repeat customer on RCCL? They asked when we booked this time but this is our first cruise.......so what about the 2nd on? How do we do this (book another cruise while we're on one)? Do we need to locate someone or is there instructions in our cabin or what? Thanks!

Go here

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/home.do;jsessionid=00004ebRQAuW1op5zMHQnnF9bde:v29bc620?cS=MHDR

for details on the Crown & Anchor Society, RCL's frequent flyer program. It's really not a bad deal. A longer than 12 day cruise gets you an extra credit. Book a JS or higher, another credit. Take a few cruises, and you move up in status. We really like this program. And, if you own RCL stock or have the RCL VISA card (we have both) you get even more deals!

It's very easy to book on board. The C&A Loyalty Ambassador (it's a big title but he is just a guy (or girl) sitting at a computer) is easily available. You'll find the location on literature in your cabin. If not, just ask around. Have your next cruise details with you, it'll help you get it all done quickly. And it won't take very long and you'll be on your way to your next cruise!

Good luck and have a great cruise!

I was on Brilliance in Jan, and re-booked for Jan 2006. I did not pay any deposit, neither did the 4 other CC members who booked with us. The loyalty Ambassador, asked when we would be home, and then gave us all (UK and Americans) 3 weeks from when we got home to either pay a deposit direct to RCCL or transfer to our own TA. (If you are transfering make sure you tell RCCL the name/contact details and that the TA keeps the same booking number, as your on-board credit will only transfer if the booking number is the same. You can call to tell them the TA name when you return home).

Gumballz, if you have now completed one cruise, you are a GOLD member of the Crown and Anchor Society. You will get a magazine, with news and coupons. On your next cruise you will get a "welcome Back" party, a book of vouchers, and possibly a gift or two during the cruise (last trip we got lanyards, wash kit bags).

When you have completed 5 cruises, you are a Platinum (I think I have these the right way round), which will give you more vouchers, then next is Diamond, which will allow you into the Concierge lounge, priority boarding, more vouchers, an additional "party/Lunch". Plus a few other things

Hope the info helps.

Gumballz, you will need to locate the Loyalty Ambassador and either catch him/her free or make an appointment. You can possibly get the info in the compass of where it is located or just ask at the pursers. They do have certain hours and if you go there and no one is there, there should be a book you can write your name in for the appointment.

Pumbaamd is right. I just booked the Grandeur this week for Nov 19, 06 & all the JS (were at a great price) and balconies were gone. As we really liked the itinerary, we went ahead & booked an OV & are on a wait list:(. That's the trouble sometime with waiting. Bermuda sounded like a great place to celebrate our 36th anniv. Hope the kids don't mind too much that we're ditching them on Thanksgiving.

Archived