When is cruise price the lowest?

Pink Bon Bon

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there is anyway you can tell when a cruise price has hit bottom. I have been watching the September 23rd, 2013 Panama Canal sailing on the Norwegian Sun. The price for a balcony cabin (which is what I want) has gone down about three times. Is there any way to tell if the current price will most likely be the best and final price?

If there was a way to tell, everyone would wait and book at that time!

Just be careful. The date is not too far off and if people are booking at the current price, that could cause prices to rise again. Supply and Demand!

Hope you enjoy your trip and get a great deal!:)

The rates sometimes drop after the final payment dates have past, but this is not always the case. Your date has past so if you book now, you will have to pay in full. If you want to go on this cruise book it soon. I would suggest wait till August 13th-16th because Norwegian is starting another dash sale and maybe you can get some upgrades or OBC depending on your cabin selection. I just told a client to hold out on booking till then for a sailing. Good luck - Happy sailing!

The rates sometimes drop after the final payment dates have past, but this is not always the case. Your date has past so if you book now, you will have to pay in full. If you want to go on this cruise book it soon. I would suggest wait till August 13th-16th because Norwegian is starting another dash sale and maybe you can get some upgrades or OBC depending on your cabin selection. I just told a client to hold out on booking till then for a sailing. Good luck - Happy sailing!

Wow, great!! Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Prices don't always go down. In our case, the opening price was the lowest and the price never went down. At some points, the price went up, but OBC was offered for about 1/2 the price increase, so the net price still went up.

Our inside cabin started at $439 and is now $699 (60% increase) about a month before final payment. BTW, at this point all the cabins are booked except for a couple of suites.

Archived