Dining rooms on Fascination

libertyschool

I'm about to book a 5 day out of Jacksonville on Fascination but I have some questions about dining rooms. In the "reviews" section of Cruise Critic for Fascination there is a picture of a beautiful MDR with black accented chairs and a stunning grand piano in the middle of the room....but I haven't seen any pics from reviews that show a dining room like this. Is there a dining room like that on Fascination or is this a mistake?? Are the two MDR's different? And finally are you assigned your MDR based on your location on the ship? I'm debating between an OV midship on Main or an OV AFT on Upper. Any pics from recent cruises would also be appreciated.

I have been on the Fascination several times and have never seen the black chairs and piano. There are two MDR, one at the rear of the ship (aft) and one midship. I have eaten in both and the decor is similar. I believe the chairs have blond wood, I have never figured out how they determine where to assign you for dinner. I've had cabins at the very front of the ship (porthole) and been assigned to dining room at rear. At least I burned a lot of calories getting there.LOL

I have never been disappointed on the Fascination. The food and service have been very good. I hope you have a fabulous trip.:D

Thanks, I was just curious, it's not going to change my mind about booking . It's strange that they would have a picture of the wrong dining room in the ship review section here on CC. It's very misleading.

Some sites, even the CCL site, posts generic pictures of ship areas. The picture could possibly be from any Fantasy class ship. BTW, DW and I have sailed Fascination 4 times. She is a great ship.

Black chairs and a piano sounds like the 88 lounge - both dining rooms are wood tones.

Fascination has "Your Time Dining" in the Sensation (forward) dining room, but it also has scheduled seatings in both dining rooms, just as Georgiagolfer says.

The photo I'm referring is not the piano bar. It's a dining room with round tables and place settings. As I said its under the cruise ship reviews section of CC. I've also seen that photo on another cruise line website as the photo for Fascinations Dining room. I know it's incorrect based on member reviews and these responses. Hope CC corrects it. Thanks for the input everyone.

I sailed on the Fascination last year and have another cruise planned on it next month. We were forward early dining last cruise and were in the Sensation dining room (forward). We are mid ship this time, so I was curious as to which dining room we would be in. Doesn't really matter, but was curious.

The photo I'm referring is not the piano bar. It's a dining room with round tables and place settings. As I said its under the cruise ship reviews section of CC. I've also seen that photo on another cruise line website as the photo for Fascinations Dining room. I know it's incorrect based on member reviews and these responses. Hope CC corrects it. Thanks for the input everyone.

Even the Carnival website has the wrong pics for some ships and cabin types.

I sailed on the Fascination last year and have another cruise planned on it next month. We were forward early dining last cruise and were in the Sensation dining room (forward). We are mid ship this time, so I was curious as to which dining room we would be in. Doesn't really matter, but was curious.

I don't think there is any way to predict which dining room you will be assigned, unless you have YTD, which is in the Sensation Dining Room (mid ship).

Archived