Pinnacle lounge disco oasis of the seas.

Lkay90

Hey all,

Im going onboard oasis of the seas, may 2014.

Getting married in st Thomas. Have organised my wedding with a wedding planner onshore so it's not through royal Caribbean. Hoping to have my wedding reception in chops grille.

I'd like somewhere private on the ship to have a disco for my guests and most importantly so we can have our first dance. I've been doing research and have came across the pinnacle lounge. Has anyone hired a private room on the ship? And is there a dj and bar available?

Thanks, Lauren.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lauren!

I was married on the Allure in Feb. We had the ceremony in the pinnacle lounge and then we rented out Dazzels for the party and we're able to hire one of the ships DJ's. the pinnacle lounge was beautiful. I would say it might be a little small to use as a disco. Do you have many people sailing? If you don't already have a groups coordinator call RCCLs group dept. They are the ones that book the party and DJ. If you can request a coordinator, request Ana. She was amazing! Let me know if you have any questions and ill post some pics of the lounge for you soon.

Hi Lauren!

I was married on the Allure in Feb. We had the ceremony in the pinnacle lounge and then we rented out Dazzels for the party and we're able to hire one of the ships DJ's. the pinnacle lounge was beautiful. I would say it might be a little small to use as a disco. Do you have many people sailing? If you don't already have a groups coordinator call RCCLs group dept. They are the ones that book the party and DJ. If you can request a coordinator, request Ana. She was amazing! Let me know if you have any questions and ill post some pics of the lounge for you soon.

We are thinking of getting married on the oasis, and wanted to have the ceremony at sea in the pinnacle chapel. It looks like you were married in the pinnacle LOUNGE-- is that similar to the chapel?? (We loved the views from the chapel the last time we were on the oasis, and I honestly don't remember the "lounge"... Any info on your wedding would be greatly appreciated(from what I have read on CC, it seems like your wedding is the closest to what my wife-to-be wants). Thanks!!!!

I have lots of info you! We did get married at sea in the pinnacle lounge, its right near the pinnacle chapel. At first we wanted to get married in the chapel and the have party in the lounge but after seeing the lounge on our ship tour we found that we liked it more than the chapel. The chapel is minimally decorated and the "alter" is set up opposite the window so you really lose the view as the guests backs will be the window and the ocean won't be in background of your photos during the ceremony. In the lounge you can set up the chairs and make an "alter" pretty much where ever you want. We chose to set it up with ours guests facing the window. It was perfect we were all able to see the ocean and it made a great backdrop for our photos. Also the decor in the lounge is beautiful, it's important cause you really can't bring much on board with you in terms of decorations. (I only brought an isle runner with me). I only have a few pics on my phone, ill post a what i have on here now. But if you want to post your email ill send you bunch of pics. Let me know if you have any questions! (ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377788645.729293.jpg.0c1a33490784c0d5accc724e3e3f40d4.jpg[ATTACH]284479[/ATTACH]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377788632.279653.jpg.ee664dfdfbf58e84d540bfc0f0eed62c.jpg

I have lots of info you! We did get married at sea in the pinnacle lounge, its right near the pinnacle chapel. At first we wanted to get married in the chapel and the have party in the lounge but after seeing the lounge on our ship tour we found that we liked it more than the chapel. The chapel is minimally decorated and the "alter" is set up opposite the window so you really lose the view as the guests backs will be the window and the ocean won't be in background of your photos during the ceremony. In the lounge you can set up the chairs and make an "alter" pretty much where ever you want. We chose to set it up with ours guests facing the window. It was perfect we were all able to see the ocean and it made a great backdrop for our photos. Also the decor in the lounge is beautiful, it's important cause you really can't bring much on board with you in terms of decorations. (I only brought an isle runner with me). I only have a few pics on my phone, ill post a what i have on here now. But if you want to post your email ill send you bunch of pics. Let me know if you have any questions! ([ATTACH]284484[/ATTACH][ATTACH]284485[/ATTACH][ATTACH]284479[/ATTACH]

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!!! We would appreciate whatever information you would be willing to provide!!! We definitely want to do it like you did; with the ocean as the background!! (I don't understand why chapels on other ships don't have chapels that are similar)

Also- I was wondering how many people went, and how you made arrangements for travel... I am not sure where you are from, but we are from Southern California, so I know that may be another financial obstacle for guests...

The pics look great; it looks like you all had a great time!!

Edited by Blue Line

I have lots of info you! We did get married at sea in the pinnacle lounge, its right near the pinnacle chapel. At first we wanted to get married in the chapel and the have party in the lounge but after seeing the lounge on our ship tour we found that we liked it more than the chapel. The chapel is minimally decorated and the "alter" is set up opposite the window so you really lose the view as the guests backs will be the window and the ocean won't be in background of your photos during the ceremony. In the lounge you can set up the chairs and make an "alter" pretty much where ever you want. We chose to set it up with ours guests facing the window. It was perfect we were all able to see the ocean and it made a great backdrop for our photos. Also the decor in the lounge is beautiful, it's important cause you really can't bring much on board with you in terms of decorations. (I only brought an isle runner with me). I only have a few pics on my phone, ill post a what i have on here now. But if you want to post your email ill send you bunch of pics. Let me know if you have any questions! ([ATTACH]284484[/ATTACH][ATTACH]284485[/ATTACH][ATTACH]284479[/ATTACH]

Loves2travel, would you mind sending me some of your photos if you get a chance? Thank you so much!!

Mattchilliard at aim dot Com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Please excuse punctuation, spelling, nonsensical thoughts and brevity.

• 2 months later...
Hi Lauren!

L0VES2travel Do you remember the cost to rent out Dazzles and the cost for the DJ? Thanks!

Belinda

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting married on the Oasis on 12/7/2013.

There's no charge for Dazzles, however you could get bumped if another wedding needs the space (they go based on size).

DJ is 550 for the first hour and additional 200.00 for the 2nd hour. A microphone if you want one (to announce your arrival tothe reception or for toasts) is another 50.00.

Hope this helps!

Any other questions feel free to email me

ariawoman AT gmail DOT com.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I am planning this same cruise wedding in aug 2015 on the allure, I cant book it though until the dates come out in march. I have been trying online to get as much info about this as i can and this is the best ive found thank you, as we would like do be married in the pinnacle chapel/lounge. My plan was the chapel until i have now seen that it can be done in the lounge. Dose the lounge have a bar? I thought i could ask for the chairs to be turned around in the chapel, do they not do that? After we are married we wanted to go off the ship to have photos take at st thomas. I think we dock at 10am. My problem is we would like to go to trunk bay at st johns for pictures and it time consuming for this. Does anyone know what the earliest time is they can marry you. I'd prefer to be married at 10am/11am so i had time for an hours reception then off to st johns without missing the ship :eek:

emma

• 1 month later...

LOVES2travel I would like to get some more info on your pinnacle lounge ceremony. How many guest did you have and did they rearrange the furniture for you?

Hey did you have to rearrange the furniture in the pinnacle lounge

That's great I have 52 guest. I have a few more questions anything you can send me would be appreciated my email is s-biggs AT Hotmail DOT com

I'm getting some mixed information from the cruise about setup do you have pictures of the lounge that you can send me. I want to so the same thing you did. Wedding in pinnacle lounge and reception in dazzles. Also what time did you arrange your ceremony and reception to be and when did you take your pictures. Did they provide you with a videoagrapher?

Edited by Wed2014

I had about 50 guests and yes, the rearranged the furniture for me. Let me know if you have any other questions! =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great I have 52 guest. I have a few more questions anything you can send me would be appreciated my email is s-biggs AT Hotmail DOT com

I'm getting some mixed information from the cruise about setup do you have pictures of the lounge that you can send me. I want to so the same thing you did. Wedding in pinnacle lounge and reception in dazzles. Also what time did you arrange your ceremony and reception to be and when did you take your pictures. Did they provide you with a videoagrapher?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

L0VES2travel:

I had about 50 guests and yes, the rearranged the furniture for me. Let me know if you have any other questions! =)

Hi L0VES2travel,

We are considering Allure for our on board wedding feb 2015! Desperately trying to find out how to have a private, couple hours long, reception. Was Dazzles closed to the public for you? How long were you able to stay? That's awesome that you were able to have a dj! I'd love that. I was definitely considering the chapel' but not after seeing that view! Do you know what the select ceremony times are?

Any other tidbits you can share would be awesome.

Thank you! Your pics are beautiful by the way :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by vegas82