St. John's in Mykonos

confused123

Is it worth the €140 for the two of us to spend the day there? We dock at 8 and don't leave port until 6, so I figured we would actually disembark around 9 and get back to the ship by 5. It seems that for 8 hours at the pool and beach, plus lunch and transportation to and from the pier, it might be worth it. Any reviews that you'd like to share?

We spent the day at St. John's resort 2 weeks ago! We paid 140€ for the 2 of us. If you have the money and are looking for a relaxing day, good service, great food and no crowds, then it is a fantastic deal!!

We were picked up at the new port at our agreed upon time. The driver was in a shuttle bus near the fence. We were greeted at the reception desk by name with a glass of champagne and our day pass. We were then driven down to the restaurant/pool area. We then went and had breakfast on the veranda. It was a buffet and one of the nicest I have seen. They served us cappuccinos at our table. There was a self serve table with more champagne, white wine and some kind of Greek liquor.

After breakfast we went down to the beach for a while. It was small, but very clean and uncrowded. We had chairs with umbrellas (included). The pool was gorgeous and very clean! It was also uncrowded. At the pool we lounged on swinging lounge beds under a canopy.

Around 11:00am they started with bar service at the pool. The staff seemed very attentive. The lunch was huge and delicious. We had ordered meal 1 and 2.

Day pass - menu 1

Greek tzatziki

Fried calamari with spicy tomato dip

Greek salad

Pasta with pesto or napolitain or Chicken souvlaki (brochette) with a light lemon sauce.

Fruit salad or ice cream

1 soft drink or 1 beer and ½ bottle of miner water

Day pass - menu 2

Fried graviera cheese saganaki in olive oil

Caesar’s Salad with chicken stripes, parmesan cheese, bacon and croutons

Grilled salmon filet with pesto and grilled vegetable or Large homemade hamburger with tomato, lettuce, onions, and French fries (plus bacon or cheese)

Chocolate cake with ice cream

I was worried that because it was a "special menu" for day passes that it might be small or subpar. Wrong! The portions were huge and everything was delicious! We lounged by the pool more after lunch. We then walked up to reception (they will drive you if you call, but I wanted to check out the rest of the resort) and had the shuttle drop us off at town.

A fantastic day!! I will try to attach some photos, I have not done that before.

I will try to add some photos!

View of Saint John Hotel Villas & Spa in Mykonos from reception

StJphn4_zpsc970ebe8.jpg

Infinity pool Saint John Hotel Villas & Spa in Mykonos

StJphn_zpsc5df0d14.jpg

StJphn2_zps5b7945eb.jpg

StJphn3_zpsd543a8c5.jpg

We spent the day at St. John's resort 2 weeks ago! We paid 140€ for the 2 of us. If you have the money and are looking for a relaxing day, good service, great food and no crowds, then it is a fantastic deal!!

We were picked up at the new port at our agreed upon time. The driver was in a shuttle bus near the fence. We were greeted at the reception desk by name with a glass of champagne and our day pass. We were then driven down to the restaurant/pool area. We then went and had breakfast on the veranda. It was a buffet and one of the nicest I have seen. They served us cappuccinos at our table. There was a self serve table with more champagne, white wine and some kind of Greek liquor.

After breakfast we went down to the beach for a while. It was small, but very clean and uncrowded. We had chairs with umbrellas (included). The pool was gorgeous and very clean! It was also uncrowded. At the pool we lounged on swinging lounge beds under a canopy.

Around 11:00am they started with bar service at the pool. The staff seemed very attentive. The lunch was huge and delicious. We had ordered meal 1 and 2.

Day pass - menu 1

Greek tzatziki

Fried calamari with spicy tomato dip

Greek salad

Pasta with pesto or napolitain or Chicken souvlaki (brochette) with a light lemon sauce.

Fruit salad or ice cream

Day pass - menu 2

Fried graviera cheese saganaki in olive oil

Caesar’s Salad with chicken stripes, parmesan cheese, bacon and croutons

Grilled salmon filet with pesto and grilled vegetable or Large homemade hamburger with tomato, lettuce, onions, and French fries (plus bacon or cheese)

Chocolate cake with ice cream

I was worried that because it was a "special menu" for day passes that it might be small or subpar. Wrong! The portions were huge and everything was delicious! We lounged by the pool more after lunch. We then walked up to reception (they will drive you if you call, but I wanted to check out the rest of the resort) and had the shuttle drop us off at town.

A fantastic day!! I will try to attach some photos, I have not done that before.

Does anyone know of somewhere similar at the end of October that you could recommend? We tried to book St. John's but apparently they close mid October until the Soring.

I'm so glad that we booked Saint John last week for our upcoming cruise with X reflection. Thanx for sharing those wonderful pics. Now I'm looking really forward to the beginning of our cruise.

I'll ask at SJ if they know a similar resort for October,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a wonderful day at St. John's.

If we are in mykonos again we would definitely book this resort !

Great location, good food and nice stuff. Wonderful infinity pool.

One thing reconfirm the pick up time a day earlier. We need to call them and wait for over 45 minutes. The only bad thing that day.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5100 mit Tapatalk 4

This is a great way to spend the day and we will go back. Also it should be noted that when we went as a family of 6 in July 2012 we opted for the beach and pool pass only at 30 e per adult. We choose to order 2 huge Greek salads and water The waitress brought it right to our little private oasis between the infinity pool and the gorgeous Aegean Sea. We mistakenly added the tip not realizing they added it already. Duh! But none the less the day worked out to approx 38 e per person. And with limited time and no desire to spend 70 e per person or sit for a large meal we were good with that. We had more time on the beach and to float in the salt water infinity pool. Love that salt water keeps you afloat nicely!

• 2 months later...

Did any of you have trouble with them not replying to you? I have contacted them twice via their "contact us" link on their website and once on their facebook page and have received zero response other than an automated response telling me they received my email and will get back to me "shortly". It's been at least 3 weeks since I first contacted them.

Did any of you have trouble with them not replying to you? I have contacted them twice via their "contact us" link on their website and once on their facebook page and have received zero response other than an automated response telling me they received my email and will get back to me "shortly". It's been at least 3 weeks since I first contacted them.

I believe this is definitely off season for them. Be patient they will get back to you with a link to reserve and do check your spam. I just put a deposit on a credit card and paid the balance when we got there also by card

It is a gorgeous place beautiful pool great loungers fabulous food albeit a rocky beach

We loved it and should we ever get back there we will go again

I believe this is definitely off season for them. Be patient they will get back to you with a link to reserve and do check your spam. I just put a deposit on a credit card and paid the balance when we got there also by card

It is a gorgeous place beautiful pool great loungers fabulous food albeit a rocky beach

We loved it and should we ever get back there we will go again

Thank you so much! That is reassuring. I've heard only good things about them so I was a little concerned we hadn't heard back. We won't be there till May but I'm just trying to get things lined up for our port stops.

Thank you so much! That is reassuring. I've heard only good things about them so I was a little concerned we hadn't heard back. We won't be there till May but I'm just trying to get things lined up for our port stops.

I believe that they reopen for the season possibly early/mid may. It might be earlier but from what I recall from our 2012 visit the emails from them were not an issue from that time on for posters here . One would think that by April though that they are setting up for the season It might make sense to call them if you don't get an email though and if course they speak perfect English so no problems. Also I don't think you need to worry about the day passes selling out in may but I recall that they do require advance reservations.

The one thing that spending the day at St. John's causes though is that it will be close to impossible to visit both Mykonos town and St. John's resort on the same day. Some I know have tried it but that means seriously shortening your time at St. John's. we choose to just do St. John's.

I believe that they reopen for the season possibly early/mid may. It might be earlier but from what I recall from our 2012 visit the emails from them were not an issue from that time on for posters here . One would think that by April though that they are setting up for the season It might make sense to call them if you don't get an email though and if course they speak perfect English so no problems. Also I don't think you need to worry about the day passes selling out in may but I recall that they do require advance reservations.

The one thing that spending the day at St. John's causes though is that it will be close to impossible to visit both Mykonos town and St. John's resort on the same day. Some I know have tried it but that means seriously shortening your time at St. John's. we choose to just do St. John's.

Thanks! They finally, sort of, got back to me via Facebook and said they were having technical difficulties with receiving requests via their "contact us" link on their website. They said someone who can help me will contact me shortly :)

We were thinking of only doing St. John's on this stop in Mykonos. We'll be needing a down day around then on this very port intensive cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! They finally, sort of, got back to me via Facebook and said they were having technical difficulties with receiving requests via their "contact us" link on their website. They said someone who can help me will contact me shortly :)

We were thinking of only doing St. John's on this stop in Mykonos. We'll be needing a down day around then on this very port intensive cruise.

Hello, how did you find them on facebook to send a message? I also tried to email them a few weeks ago, however I have not had a response. Wondering if anyone has a specific contact email?

Hello, how did you find them on facebook to send a message? I also tried to email them a few weeks ago, however I have not had a response. Wondering if anyone has a specific contact email?

They finally emailed me on 12/30 but I got exactly nowhere. I'm really frustrated with these people and not sure at all if we will go there IF I CAN EVER GET THEM TO SEND ME A RESERVATION FORM!!! Grrrr! They wrote and asked if I had sent a reservation for or not. No!!! I'm trying to get someone there to send me one!!! This doesn't exactly spell out good customer service to me. Now, it's been 10 more days and I still have nothing from them.

Anyway, to answer your question they emailed me from this email address...... reservations @ stjohn dot gr

Here's their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SaintJohnMykonos

Good luck!!! I sure haven't had any.

Edited by gr82cu2
spelling

It is too early in the season for them right now. They probably are not fully staffed and the resort might well be shut at this time. From my experience in 2012 they weren't fully operational I til spring and I recall waiting awhile for them to respond to me as well.

Be patient as this is a great place to spend the day

They finally emailed me on 12/30 but I got exactly nowhere. I'm really frustrated with these people and not sure at all if we will go there IF I CAN EVER GET THEM TO SEND ME A RESERVATION FORM!!! Grrrr! They wrote and asked if I had sent a reservation for or not. No!!! I'm trying to get someone there to send me one!!! This doesn't exactly spell out good customer service to me. Now, it's been 10 more days and I still have nothing from them.

Anyway, to answer your question they emailed me from this email address...... reservations @ stjohn dot gr

Thanks. I will try again

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

That's strange - I e-mailed them yesterday and today received a courteous reply with the reservation form and menus attached