St. John's in Mykonos

confused123

That's strange - I e-mailed them yesterday and today received a courteous reply with the reservation form and menus attached

You're kidding??? Well, I'm happy for you! I guess I'll try again. Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

I used reservations@saintjohn.gr

and they sent a reply the same day. They also responded to a question I had (yesterday).

I believe that was the email address I used on 2012 as well

Just an FYI in 2012 they did not have a secure website for the credit card deposit. While that may have changed by now I certainly did not used a debit card for the deposit hold and I made a point of using a rarely used credit card and used it only for this transaction. Remember to call your bank and advise them about this charge as it is from Greece. Fwiw I had absolutely no issues with this transaction and believe I paid the balance in euro cash at check in

Edited by Crusin6

I believe that was the email address I used on 2012 as well

Just an FYI in 2012 they did not have a secure website for the credit card deposit. While that may have changed by now I certainly did not used a debit card for the deposit hold and I made a point of using a rarely used credit card and used it only for this transaction. Remember to call your bank and advise them about this charge as it is from Greece. Fwiw I had absolutely no issues with this transaction and believe I paid the balance in euro cash at check in

Thanks. It seems like push back from guests may have caused a policy change. What they do now is have you fill out a form. Cc not charged until day of or no show (that was the question I asked them actually). :)

Looking forward to a relaxing beach day!

Thanks. It seems like push back from guests may have caused a policy change. What they do now is have you fill out a form. Cc not charged until day of or no show (that was the question I asked them actually). :)

They may not charge you a deposit but are they still asking for a credit card number to hold the reservation or how would they charge for a no show? This was my concern as the website was not secure and many posters at the time were hesitant to send the form back via email or fax with credit card Info on it. I recall posters saying that they decided to call the resort instead to give card info rather than risk an unsecured method and I recall now that they actually did NOT charge me a deposit and was mistaken when I said they did. The credit card info was indeed only for the no show charge. Still I had to provide card info at the time if reservation.

I myself did go the email route with no issues and am just posting this info as an FYI

I have sent them an email and have my fingers crossed that I hear back soon for my May Reflection cruise. Does anyone know if you can book a massage in their spa, in addition to the full day pass with meals? I saw that you can substitute a 20 min massage for lunch, but we'd like to book a full massage separately. Sounds like a great day after several days of intense touring.

I have sent them an email and have my fingers crossed that I hear back soon for my May Reflection cruise. Does anyone know if you can book a massage in their spa, in addition to the full day pass with meals? I saw that you can substitute a 20 min massage for lunch, but we'd like to book a full massage separately. Sounds like a great day after several days of intense touring.

Are you on the 5/23 Reflection cruise? We are too! :D

I don't know about the substitution but the place is so gorgeous and the time is so limited in port that I would pass on the massage! Lol

I personally do my facials and massages and body scrubs on home turf and buy my discount spa services thru that well know online company that offers local deals where you live. Can't beat a $39 hourlong massage at a high end spa!!! Just sayin' lol. Enjoy your cruise. I am jealous as we are not planning another European cruise u til2016. Maybe the Baltic that time

Hi! Just ran into you while following this post for our upcoming cruise again this October. If you have any questions about any ports that was on the cruise this past October I'd be happy to help. It was wonderful!

Kim

Hi!

I sent an email to this hotel weeks ago and never got an email in rely.

I was basically looking for general infos on price and conditions applicable in June 2014.

Would anyone who had received a reply from them on those kind of infos be kind enough to share them with those, like us, who weren't lucky enough to get it?

Thank you!

Tried again a couple of days ago, and I'm still waiting. I've emailed at least three different places.

They're closed during winter.

I received during business hours email from this adress

reservations at saintjohn.gr

sent from my GT 19300 using Tapatalk 4

Can anyone explain why you would choose to spend a day at a resort like a million other resorts throughout the world when you only have one day on one of the most iconic islands in the world? I just don't understand the logic. :confused:

Can anyone explain why you would choose to spend a day at a resort like a million other resorts throughout the world when you only have one day on one of the most iconic islands in the world? I just don't understand the logic. :confused:

Speaking for only ourselves, our day in Mykonos will be over a month after we've left home. By the time we reach Mykonos we will have been to 7 countries and 11 cities. Mykonos will be in the middle of a med cruise with 7 port stops. I think by then we'll be ruined out and needing a relaxing day.

Maybe you would like to share with all of us what you find to be 'iconic' about Mykonos and persuade us to change our plans. ;)

At the rate we're going, this resort may be struck from the to do list very soon.

Hi!

I sent an email to this hotel weeks ago and never got an email in rely.

I was basically looking for general infos on price and conditions applicable in June 2014.

Would anyone who had received a reply from them on those kind of infos be kind enough to share them with those, like us, who weren't lucky enough to get it?

Thank you!

This the e-mail I used in September, 2013

http://www.saintjohn.gr/saint_john_reservation

Yes, they are closed right now but someone is answering e-mails.

The price is 70 euros per person, it includes Breakfast and a Massage or Breakfast and Lunch. Use of the pool, beach, towels, transfers from the port where your ship docks, return back to the port.

They did require a credit card to hold the reservation. I was told I could pay in euros or dollars once we arrive.

Don't give up. Be patient. When will you be Mykonos? Good Luck.

One reason, intensive 7 port cruise. You also need one day to enjoy a delicious meal, the sea and just relax. Your not in Greece everyday. Enjoy life:D

For us this is once in lifetime vacation! Need a day to regroup. That's my story:)

We also will be traveling almost 3 weeks. :cool:

This is a wonderful location and and has an infinity pool and you can sit right on the Aegean beach if you choose or sit by the pool surrounded by white plaster buildings with blue roofs built along the hillside.

Now that is iconic Greek isles IMHO and the restaurants are exceptional. Try the Greek salad. Like no other!!!!

For those that have visited Mykonos - would you advise for two beach and food lovers? We just booked our May cruise and haven't begun to research any excursions yet. This is right up our alley as we typically spend our vacations at 4-5 star carribean resorts!

Just don't want to miss anything else in Mykonos. We are visiting Rhodes, Athens turkey Italy as well so plenty of site seeing days in between.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app