St. John's in Mykonos

confused123

For those that have visited Mykonos - would you advise for two beach and food lovers? We just booked our May cruise and haven't begun to research any excursions yet. This is right up our alley as we typically spend our vacations at 4-5 star carribean resorts!

Just don't want to miss anything else in Mykonos. We are visiting Rhodes, Athens turkey Italy as well so plenty of site seeing days in between.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Definitely yes!! Look at this:

du5uby9y.jpg

sent from my GT 19300 using Tapatalk 4

How early will they pick you up for the day pass? We are on the Disney Magic and looks like we're only there from 7:15 to 2:45. Will we have enough time to get there and back and actually relax and enjoy?

You arrange the pick up time with the resort. They will have a van waiting at the port at the prearranged time. Remember there is a good chance you are not the only ones on your ship doing this resort so they will wait for the pax before they leave. 14 seater vans. With travel time and debark embark schedules you should have 4 or 5 full hours. Probably closer to 4. Remember you must be vigilant at the resort with your return time. The resort is built on a hill so you need to use 4 seater golf carts to be brought from the registration desk to the pool and beach

Fwiw. You have a lousy port time. So sorry as the place is gorgeous but depending on if you are looking for a beach day or just a walk the town type of day you might reconsider the St. John's excursion. I believe the island is full of shops restaurants and I recall something about windmills. This might be a real option for you based on port time if you don't mind giving up on the pool beach experience however you certainly could squeeze in say 830 to 1 at the resort and leaving 45 minutes to get back to the ship you should make all aboard. Of course I am being very conservative in my scheduling but if it just 2 of you and no kids to worry about you certainly could squeeze in more resort time

Edited by Crusin6

I finally heard back from them.

Here are screen shots of the 2 downloads they sent me and the text of the email. It's 70€ per person and you pick from one of two packages.

xkxc34.png

2r3uijo.png29qfupd.png

When they say "dinner" in package #2 they mean "lunch", yes?

Has anyone had luck doing a massage and lunch instead of breakfast and lunch? We are early risers and I don't know if we'd make it to the resort for breakfast before the blood sugar spins kicked in :)

Edited by MissBreezy

It looked as though everyone was having lunch when we were there. Grilled foods and salads mostly.

We are a family of six so we thought the food inclusive package was too costly and would be too time consuming for us so we just paid ala carte and had poolside food delivered. 2 Greek salads which were huge. Some crusty bread and water and 2 beers came to a pricy 45 e. mostly because she didn't give me a bill but just said 40 e and I added a 5 e tip but I realized later the price she told me did indeed include a tip and I overtipped the extra 5 e She must have laughed at us the rest of the day. She was nice and the food delicious but there was certainly no need to tip extra and I simply should have asked if the service was included as that would have been a normal question to ask. Oh well no biggie.

• 5 weeks later...

I just wanted to mention that I sent an inquiry via their webpage and heard back within 24 hours with the information regarding the day pass options and the menus. The nice thing is that we only have to submit our reservation to them at least 3 days in advance, so it gives us plenty of time to hear about others' experiences with the resort this year once they open for the season.

We are all confirmed for our visit off the Celebrity Reflection on May 30. I know they say you have up until a few days before to sign up, but I don't know if they have a quota and we didn't want to take a chance. A credit card guarantee is required but no payment is made until the day we are there, so we aren't out any money now. I mailed the form, wasn't totally comfortable sending it over the internet or even faxing it. St John's sent me a confirmation email today, so we're all set. Looking forward to our relaxing day at the resort after many days of sightseeing across Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we also are going on the Reflection on the May 23rd sailing. How do you book this neat excursion for the resort at St. John's? We are a group of 4 and would like to go there... Can we get in on it with a group? Or do we book this through what website??? Any information will be helpful... Thank you!!!!

crazy gracie

I just wanted to mention that I sent an inquiry via their webpage and heard back within 24 hours with the information regarding the day pass options and the menus. The nice thing is that we only have to submit our reservation to them at least 3 days in advance, so it gives us plenty of time to hear about others' experiences with the resort this year once they open for the season.

We are on this sailing as well... can you give me the info or the website as to how to book this excursion please

Gracie,

You need to contact the resort directly, so far I think it's just Cynbar and I from the cruise critic group and both our parties listed a pickup time of 8am from the ship. We will depart back to town after 1:30pm and will have a few hours to spend in town before heading back to ship.

I am not sure how many people the van fits or if they will make numerous trips back and forth to the resort. I beleive the price is set with the resort regardless of the amount of people attending from the ship, but it can't hurt to ask.

Contact information is:

http://www.saintjohn.gr/saint_john_reservation

Susan