Back to back Cruises

Mrs Wally

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me, we are doing a back to back cruise or rather crusies next year and wondered what happened on turnaround day with your luggage etc? We are in a different cabin on the 1st cruise to the 2nd cruise.

Thanks

:)

You will find that the stewards will move all your things to the other cabin - they will take out drawers and replace them with drawers from the other cabin. Obviously you will want to take your things out of the safe and any other personal items and take them to the new cabin yourself.

We are doing a back to back next year too but luckily we have been able to keep the same cabin.

Thanks very much for that our second cabin is very close to the inital cabin we are booked into, we just could not get the same cabin for both which was a shame as that would have saved the hassle.

I am sure it will all be a very smooth operation in practice - fingers crossed!

Just to add when we did a b2b. They moved everything in the wardrobes, however everything that was in drawers they requested we put in our cases (along with the personal items) Through our choice we wheeled these to the new cabin (same deck-other side of ship).

ours was a 2 day-followed by an 18 day, I don't know if that was the difference.

Just to add when we did a b2b. They moved everything in the wardrobes, however everything that was in drawers they requested we put in our cases (along with the personal items) Through our choice we wheeled these to the new cabin (same deck-other side of ship).

ours was a 2 day-followed by an 18 day, I don't know if that was the difference.

We have done a few back to backs and have experienced both scenarios! I personally like to put my stuff from the drawers in suitcases and leave the hanging stuff for the crew to take on one of their 'hotel' luggage trolleys.

Either way, they know what they are doing so don't worry.:)

Mrs Wally,

Thank you for posting this topic - I was about too write a thread about back to back cruises to ask a few questions myself

I`m on a back to back next year - A 14night followed by a 7 night cruise on Oriana - THANKFULLY booked early enough to keep the cabin for the whole 3 weeks

I`d like to ask - because I booked it early enough and rang P&O to confirm with them that I`m doing a back to back cruise

Will they know this when I check in at the cruise terminal?

Will my cruise card say that I`m on 2 cruises or will I have to get off to check in again and go through security etc?

What have other people done on a back to back ? Has anybody got off to go into Southampton or just stayed on the ship?

Be interesting to hear what other people have done on a back to back?

Also be interested to hear peoples views on Oriana? the good bad and the ugly? Personally I cant wait to explore the Baltics onboard the Oriana !!

Hi this is briefly my experience of a back to back cruise hope I will answer some of your questions.

Last year went on Oceana first cruise to Fjords then back to Southampton and then to the Med for 14 nights.

In the middle of the first week I was visited by the deck supervisor who asked me what time would be convenient to change cabins when we got back to Southampton. We were changing from an inside cabin to a balcony same deck but ten cabins away.

Time agreed he went away and duly returned with two runners on changeover day. I had been told to pack nothing so drawers wer swapped wardrobes emptied the whole process took about 15 minutes and was all good hearted all I did was carry my handbag!

We were then advised to go to reception where our new cruise card would be waiting and it was. We then were free to leave the ship which as there was not much open and to give the staff time to prepare for the next cruise we did.

It was a lovely day so we walked into Southampton went for coffee in marks and Spencer's did a bit of shopping and then walked back to the ship.

By this time boarding for the next cruise had already started but we were classed as passengers in transit so no queuing up just security and back on the ship.

As we already had cabin went straight back.

All in all a truly great experience from Norway to Rome in three weeks.

A tip if you get a table in the dining room that you like on week 1 speak to the headwater and you might be able to keep it for the next cruise.

Have been on Oriana twice loved the tiered back of the ship. Really liked Oceana though . Just back of Aurora similar to Oriana.

Hope this helps never be afraid to ask. Enjoy the experience.

Just to add, the bill from the 1st cruise will be taken as normal, and a new one started for the 2nd one..also if you have OBS for both cruises make sure they take the correct amount off each one.

We are doing a B2B next year (our 2nd one) . As both are fairly long I am hoping to do the washing in peace on disembarkation day of cruise 1, so I have all clean clothes for cruise 2. Not sure what OH will do with himself.

Archived