Century cabin #8224

tarheelmjfan

The Galaxy AFT thread has me wondering about our cabin. Is there a public deck behind it? Anything else you'd like to add about the cabin would be great. :D The only ship we've sailed is Infinity, so we're clueless about Century. TIA :)

The Century does not have any public deck behind any of its 18 aft family cabins. The window is fully private and it has a nice 3' deep bay.

We were in 8231 during our first Celebrity cruise and loved it.

What do you mean by family cabins.

The Century/Galaxy/Mercury family cabins are outside cabins that are furnished with beds to sleep up to 5 people (3 single beds and one double bed). They are 20% bigger than standard cabins (210 sq ft vs 175 sq ft) although they are not classified as suites. Click on my Mercury FO 1152 link below if you want to see some photos of such a cabin.

The aft cabins on deck 8 and 9 on the Century are simply wonderful. I was in one with my two cousins. Think three females who love clothing...we had enough room for all our clothes and shoes, which is no small feat. There was plenty of room for us and all of our stuff. There is a sliding door separating the double ced from the other three beds. The window above the couch/bed is huge and wonderful to look out. The desk against the wall with the mirror above it, is also a great size that truly allows for three females to apply their makeup all at once. Enjoy the cabin...they are great!

Just about to book a cruise on the aft cabins that you are describing. Thank you so much for your kind description. We are somewhat concerned about noise and vibration, particularly when pulling in and out of port? We had been told that the aft cabins were not desirable and I am anxious for your opinion.

THANKS!

Archived