Getting to beaches from breakaway

Metboy

This is my wife and I 3rd cruise to Bermuda, we are on the Breakaway which docks at a different port then the Dawn. My wife does not swim well. We usually go to tobacco Bay or Shelly Bay. We like calm water beaches. Is it easy to get to those beaches? If not, anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that the Breakaway and Dawn dock at the same place~~also just take a #7 bus to Horseshoe Beach which is beautiful or walk to snorkel park which is right by where the ship docks or take a ferry to Hamilton or St. George! There are so many things to do~~this will be my fourth time and I am still exploring. Have a great cruise!:)

I was just there last week. The "SPECIAL" buses run express to the beaches, while the #7 bus makes all stops. And the special buses can be boarded closer to the ship. They are public buses accepting the same fare, just quicker!

We went to Horseshoe Bay one day, and Church Bay another day. As you have probably read, HB gets crowded, but has more facilities. Both beautiful!!

We just visited Tobacco Bay a few weeks ago. You will need to take a Ferry ride (about 40min) to St. George, and then depending on how able you are, you can walk to Tobacco Bay. It isn't a short walk but it can be done:). We saw car services dropping people off, but to my knowledge, there are no busses that can take you there. The water is very calm. Although we always visit Horshoebay, the water is not the safest on the Island, as some reading will tell you (and seems like you already know this).

I was just there last week. The "SPECIAL" buses run express to the beaches, while the #7 bus makes all stops. And the special buses can be boarded closer to the ship. They are public buses accepting the same fare, just quicker!

We went to Horseshoe Bay one day, and Church Bay another day. As you have probably read, HB gets crowded, but has more facilities. Both beautiful!!

Great tip. We'll be sure to watch for the special buses.

Crowds weren't bad to take the "special bus" to Horseshoe bay...they add extra buses and the line moves extremely fast. Also take the 7 bus two stops to the glass beach(just ask bus driver where to get off) it is a wonderful experience

Safe sailing

What is the feasibility of taking the ferry for the dockyard to Hamilton, then the bus from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay? We thought it might be one way to avoid huge bus crowds leaving directly from the dockyard.

You can do that if you want to sightsee or shop in Hamilton first, and then bus to the beach, but if you just want to get to Horseshoe Beach, taking the express bus from the dockyard is your best bet.

Archived