Ukraine Weather in October

Joline21

We are going on the Black Sea Cruise on the Queen Victoria in October. We are wondering what the weather will be like in the Ukraine at this time of year. Also, how did any of you find this cruise. Any suggestions about type of clothing we may need.

We are going on the Black Sea Cruise on the Queen Victoria in October. We are wondering what the weather will be like in the Ukraine at this time of year. Also, how did any of you find this cruise. Any suggestions about type of clothing we may need.

Gosh, the wonders of Google........ http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/climate/Ukraine.htm or http://www.holiday-weather.com/odessa/averages/october/

and all I had to type in was Odessa October weather. :)

Joline, weather predicting is a risky business and, as you can see, brings out worst in some.

We enjoyed the Black Sea cruise on QE last fall and the weather in the Ukraine was fabulous. Sunny and a little cool, maybe 18 degrees, in Odessa. Sunny and warm, 23 or 24, in Yalta. The latter is a beautiful place and you should take a tour and see some of palaces and the views from up high over the Black Sea.

I hope you are lucky enough to enjoy the same weather we experienced. :D

You can get averages for each day of the month for both Odessa and Yalta on weather.com. But averages are just that, averages.

. But averages are just that, averages.

Very true, and that's why Joline asked the question in the first place. CC never fails to amaze me, there is always someone who can give first hand knowledge of so many locations.

I am glad the OP got a helpful answer eventually.

David.

Thank you SEFlyer for your very helpful reply. We were thinking of going on a trip to see some of the palaces. Weather sounds promising so will keep our fingers crossed. Looking forward to visiting this lovely area on the QV.

Thank you SEFlyer for your very helpful reply. We were thinking of going on a trip to see some of the palaces. Weather sounds promising so will keep our fingers crossed. Looking forward to visiting this lovely area on the QV.

I would be interested in hearing how you find this voyage as we are doing the same one in September next year.

Have a great time.

I would be interested in hearing how you find this voyage as we are doing the same one in September next year.

Have a great time.

I did a Black Sea cruise on another line and it was stunning, certainly many wonderful cities and scenery. Memorable.

• 2 months later...

Hello again Cruiseluvva. We are back now from our very memorable cruise on the QV to the Black Sea. Weather almost all round was fabulous. Hot and sunny. Our day in Yalta was wonderful - bright warm and sunny.Odessa dull and overcast, but warmish. The scenery to and from the Ukraine and Istanbul was stunning. We had a fantastic time. We loved Yalta a beautiful place with a wonderful backdrop of a large mountain. Odessa not so keen. Have a lovely cruise when you go.

Hi Joline. I wonder if we saw each other on the ship! I'm just back from the same cruise. I think it was my favourite cruise yet. I danced each night away. I spent a couple of hours in Odessa wandering, trying to find a shoe repairer (for my dancing shoes) in a city where very few people speak English and I don't speak Ukrainian. I managed it - which really added to my enjoyment of the day, as I met that challenge.

I wish I were still on the ship! (Don't we all feel that way at the end of a cruise?)

Went to the Black Sea on QV in 2010, it was pleasant in Oct but we did get some rain in Odessa. The day in Yalta was lovely, warm and sunny and the sea days on the Black Sea were good too.

Odessa is a magnificent City and the palaces of Yalta are well worth a visit too.

Probably won't get sun bathing weather but it should be warm and highly enjoyable.

Hello fantasy51. Yes, I expect we passed each other quite a few times whilst on board the lovely QV. It was a fabulous cruise for us also and is now one of our favourites. So many lovely memories and images of the wonderful scenery we saw and great ports of call. We did the evening River Cruise with dinner at Istanbul. It was one of my favourite things ever. All the buildings were lit up and the bridges - some changing colour (I am sure you saw some of these). The dinner was great and when we went up on deck to watch the lights there was not a breath of wind - it was memorable! We are not great dancers but we enjoyed all the speakers and various other things to do. Also we enjoy sitting on our balcony and watching the sea. Looking forward to next cruise!

Archived