Canada weather vs proper dress

I will be in St. John and Halifax September 5th and 6th of this year. What will the temperature range be this time of year? And what is the temperature difference from day and night?

Halifax NS Stats

Saint John NB Stats (I assume it's this city rather than St. John's NL)

If you're having trouble with the links, high should be in the high 60s and nightly lows down to the low 50s.

I will be on the Glory with you. My research absolutely agrees with Maryann from NS--layers and be sure to throw in a raincoat and good walking shoes. NYC, our departure port, has potential to be warm, but our northern ports-of-call and our at-sea days could be brisk and breezy.

We sailed the Glory Jul 21-28. We looked at the 10 day forecast right before we left and it said, mid 70's and sunny for most of those 10 days. Those weathermen should be shot.

It poured the entire day we were in Saint Johns. So hard, we couldn't get out of the van at times. In Halifax it was drizzly and foggy. Our only decent port was Sydney, where it was mostly overcast, but warmer.

On our two sea days, it was so foggy you couldn't see the smoke stack of the ship. One sea day it started out nice, people went out, but in a 5-10 minute span, the fog rolled in and the temp had to drop about 25 degrees in those few minutes. Almost impossible to sit outside, as they supply no blankets.

We only brought 3 pair of pants for a 7 day cruise and they really did get some use.:D:D:D. And this was mid July

Forget the weather reports and bring what is needed. A good windbreaker, and if you feel the chill more than others a good hooded sweatshirt.

And, as everyone says, dress in layers.

Cheers

Len

At this time of year the weather can vary greatly, but the nights are getting cooler. You need to bring a bit of everything and dress in layers.

YES!!! and make sure to pack rain ponchos....!!! ..

Archived