Cave Tubing/ATV Tours

Sammycupcaker

DH and I are going to be in Belize in Oct. We love to go four wheeling. When you do the cave tubing/ATV tours, how long do you actually get to ride the ATV and is it fun? I've done cave tubing 2x before so I'm pretty familiar with that part. Just wondering if the ATV is worth it.

Also, I see there are a few companies that run this combo. Any recomendations to use or avoid;)?

DH and I are going to be in Belize in Oct. We love to go four wheeling. When you do the cave tubing/ATV tours, how long do you actually get to ride the ATV and is it fun? I've done cave tubing 2x before so I'm pretty familiar with that part. Just wondering if the ATV is worth it.

Also, I see there are a few companies that run this combo. Any recomendations to use or avoid;)?

I did the ATV only in November 2012 with cavetubing.biz and I have to say it was a little disappointing. Even though we did have some fun getting each other muddy (bring old clothes), There really wasn't any off roading, all we did was go in circles in their back yard. It lasted maybe about 1/2 hr. The people who had the cavetubing and ATV, did the cavetubing first then came back for the ATVs.

I wouldn't say don't do it, especially if you like ATVing but just don't expect much offroading or pretty scenery.

• 2 weeks later...
I did the ATV only in November 2012 with cavetubing.biz and I have to say it was a little disappointing. Even though we did have some fun getting each other muddy (bring old clothes), There really wasn't any off roading, all we did was go in circles in their back yard. It lasted maybe about 1/2 hr. The people who had the cavetubing and ATV, did the cavetubing first then came back for the ATVs.

I wouldn't say don't do it, especially if you like ATVing but just don't expect much offroading or pretty scenery.

I share this opinion, would not do it again.

I did this tour in 2010, YES IT IS FUN!!!! We didn't have a lot of time on the ATV, only because we missed the 1st bus (getting on the tender was a pain). But the little time we did have was intense.

After riding the ATV's we hiked to the caves, very nice. Once we arrived we joined another group and completed the tour with them.

I did this tour in 2010, YES IT IS FUN!!!! We didn't have a lot of time on the ATV, only because we missed the 1st bus (getting on the tender was a pain). But the little time we did have was intense.

After riding the ATV's we hiked to the caves, very nice. Once we arrived we joined another group and completed the tour with them.

How long was the time you spent driving the ATV's?

We did this tour along with cave -tubing. The ATV tour was a joke. It was like the other poster said. It was like a home-made track they made up behind their property where you come back to eat. No straight aways, very bumpy and our whole family thought it was a BIG DUD!!! stick with the cave-tubing and pass on the ATV tour. BIG WASTE OF MONEY !!!

Archived