Jan. 19,2014 Freedom of the Seas out of Cape Can. Anyone going?

Anyone thats been on the Freedom of the Seas, we would love feedback. How did you like the ship? Was it easy to find your way around? We were on the Brilliance last Feb. and the shows were a big disapointment. Was the food and service good? We will have anytime dining and I hear it is in the main dining room. Any help with things to do in ports would be a big help. Our ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Georgetown, and Cozumel and back to Port Canaveral.

We took a freedom cruise October of 2011. Same itinerary. We found the cheapest transportation option was to rent a car for 9 days out of Orlando airport. Checked everyday until we found a great sea through thrifty. Easy 45 minute drive to the port. We stayed at the country inn and suites (next to the port). This allowed us to leave the rental car there free for the cruise. We had a nice night at the port. They have great restaurants and bars there. All newer and a lot of fun. The morning of our cruise the hotel shuttle took us right to the port and off we went with no problems. That ship is amazing. It was recently dry docked and restored just like new. New bedding and room amenities. Plus upgrades throughout the ship. I can't speak for the dining as we stick with traditional. Anything I missed just let me know. We really enjoyed the freedom!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Anyone thats been on the Freedom of the Seas, we would love feedback. How did you like the ship? Was it easy to find your way around? We were on the Brilliance last Feb. and the shows were a big disapointment. Was the food and service good? We will have anytime dining and I hear it is in the main dining room. Any help with things to do in ports would be a big help. Our ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Georgetown, and Cozumel and back to Port Canaveral.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1756818

We will be cruising our 5th time on FOS this oct. love the ship it's easy to navigate. In Labadee just lay back and enjoy the beach! Do an excursion of your taste in Falmouth as the city there is just crazy once past the gate. In Georgetown walking on your own and shopping is nice!

I sailed this cruise this past January. Freedom is bigger than Brilliance, but easy to navigate with the Royal Promenade and electronic wayfinders near the elevators.

Shows were good. Get to the theater early to get a good seat, but there should be plenty of seats unlike the Radiance-class ships.

Weather was great. Shore excursions I did: Labadee - Mountain Coaster, Falmouth - Rio Bueno River Tubing, Grand Cayman - Turtle Farm and Island Tour, & Cozumel - Jungle ATV Tour. I also did the Isla Pasion by Twister in Cozumel the year before via Jewel of the Seas. All tours were great.

Have a great cruise!

We're going! Come over to the meet and mingle page and join the group. We've done LOS before and loved it. Did the Oasis and Allure but to be honest, as wonderful as they are - and they ARE amazing - I think I like the Freedom class better! Hey, we're gonna be on a cruise!!! They are all wonderful:D

• 5 weeks later...
We're going! Come over to the meet and mingle page and join the group. We've done LOS before and loved it. Did the Oasis and Allure but to be honest, as wonderful as they are - and they ARE amazing - I think I like the Freedom class better! Hey, we're gonna be on a cruise!!! They are all wonderful:D

We'll be cruising with you. We have never done Western Caribbean but have done Eastern on the Allure and loved it. Looking forward to just kicking back, having fun and meeting new friends.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi this is my first post, my partner and I are going on this cruise. This is our first time cruising. Quite nervous really. It would be good to chat to people who are traveling with us

Hi there and welcome to Cruise Critic. Here is the link to the roll call for your sailing http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1756818

You can subscribe to this tread by clicking on Thread Tools in the banner above and then Subscribe to this thread. Once subscribed, you can just click on Quick Links, located in the yellow banner across the top, and then Subscribed Threads and you can chat away.

Edited by cruisenfever

You will love FOS! We sailed in May of this year and we are going again in December. This time is the Western itinerary. I have been to Grand Cayman previously and I would recommend swimming with the stingrays and snorkeling with Captain Marvin. He has nice boats with restrooms and the personnel are really helpful. There are not as many people on his trips as there are on the cruise ship trips.

• 3 months later...

Myself and my partner Steve and going on our first cruise on 19th Jan 2014...8 days time...I'm so excited. d have loved to go into chat room and mke friends before we left. I have tried to work this message board out but its not strait forward and takes me ages to find the simplest thing !!! :(

I'm hoping to meet and make friends with lots of people.

Question.. can anyone tell me if you get a kettle in your room ?

another question ...is it worth bying a hand steamer to get creases out of your clothes ?

Myself and my partner Steve and going on our first cruise on 19th Jan 2014...8 days time...I'm so excited. d have loved to go into chat room and mke friends before we left. I have tried to work this message board out but its not strait forward and takes me ages to find the simplest thing !!! :(

another question ...is it worth bying a hand steamer to get creases out of your clothes ?

Tea kettles are usually in Junior Suite category staterooms and above, unless the ship is sailing from the UK, in which case all staterooms have tea kettles.

See post #6 above for a link to the Meet & Mingle thread. It has a list of people who are going on this cruise.

• 4 weeks later...