Carnival MAGIC Favorite Things?

KruzPrincess

My friend is going on the Carnival Magic this weekend. This is not her first cruise, but her first time on the Magic. I'd love to be able to send her a list of some fun things to look forward to on the cruise. She's taking her spouse for his birthday. Will you tell me your favorite things about the Carnival Magic??

Thank you!

This is simple, but I love the ease of getting to the front of the ship out on the deck. I enjoy being able to see "where we are going" as we pull into or out of port! It is different than on a side of the ship or aft.

My friend is going on the Carnival Magic this weekend. This is not her first cruise, but her first time on the Magic. I'd love to be able to send her a list of some fun things to look forward to on the cruise. She's taking her spouse for his birthday. Will you tell me your favorite things about the Carnival Magic??

Thank you!

The Red Frog Pub. Kind of a Cheers atmosphere. Dirk makes the best Mai tai on the seven seas! Karaoke with Jay is "absolutely amazing!"

My favorite thing was the waterpark. They have 2 great, huge waterslides. Despite what many people think, those are not just for kids. Adults can ride them as well. The ropes course is also fun, especially if you are able to do it while at sea. It does close while at sea quite often if it's windy, which it usually is. They also have a pretty amazing magic show on board. Get to the doors early for a good seat. It will be packed, but it's worth the wait. The pasta bar is a great lunch spot, and it is free for lunch. It's best to go the first day when they get on board, as it will get busier as the week goes on. Most people don't know about it yet on the first day.

The Taste Bar! Delicious! I only made it 2 nights, but so good! It wasn't every night - ck the Fun Times. Still kicking myself for forgetting to go on the last night. :(

I love the Taste bar too, but for eggs and croissants and other hot items for breakfast (so much easier than the Lido buffet) and I especially enjoy the custom made salads and wraps at lunch.

I also enjoy the Pub Grub in the Red Frog, the Grouper Fingers are a nice light lunch to enjoy with a salad from the Taste bar and enough for sister and I to share.

Cucina del Capitano is a great lunch option for free, but still well worth the $12 for dinner.

Don't miss the Brunch. I love ordering from a menu for most of my meals. It's a little late for me for breakfast, but I usually eat there as soon as it opens for traditional breakfast fare and then occasionally will go back just before they close for more traditional lunch options.

Thank you!

Cucina del Capitano is wonderful. Free at luch for pasta bowls and $12 at dinner. The spaghetti carbonara was fantastic as well as the house wine that is only served in that venue.

On deck 3 by the main theater, go outside and that walkway will take you to the very front of the ship. Amazing view. There are some outside steps that can take you up a few levels for an even better view.

We were on Magic in May. We loved it so much, that we came back and immediately put a deposit down for May 2014.

Here are my advice/opinions based on our findings:

1)The ship is huge. I would spend the first day, before and after the sail away party, touring the ship, and figuring out where everything is. They give you a little folded card of the ship layout. We didn't open it or use it. This turned out to be a huge mistake, because we didn't see much of the ship. And we spent a good majority of our time, trying to find our way around.

2)The elevators can be a nightmare! As soon as the safety drill is over, grab an elevator and hit the lido deck! Sail away party is a blast!

3)Do NOT do Early Dining! We did it, and I will never do that again. I suggest late dining. If you get hungry before your dining time, there is always a place to grab a snack. Also, if you plan to eat in the buffet for lunch, do it before 2pm. It closes to set up dinner. Lots of people arrived there to eat at 230pm, to find it closed. Also the Chocolate buffet was set up for lunch, not dinner on the sailing we were on. Its AMAZING!

4) Bring a small fan. Pack it into a suitcase. A lot of the cabins stay pretty warm. Ours was one of them. If you happen to get a cabin that gets cold, you don't have to use it. But having something to circulate the air sure does help!

5) The waterworks closes around 5 or 6pm.

6) On some nights, you can get burgers and fries at midnight!

7) Bring $1 bills to tip the person that brings your room service food. They don't get paid out of your tips.

8) Cucina del Capitano is free for lunch. $12 for dinner. Very good food.

At lunch when you are checking the boxes on your order form for pasta, sauce, etc, be sure to check the box for lasagna. Its delicious!

9) Bring a power strip. You will need it.

10) The unlimited internet is $134. We did it, and loved it! We were able to post all of our pics on facebook and keep in touch with our families back home.

11) Bingo is expensive!

12)KARAOKE is a MUST do. Jay, the host is SIMPLY BRILLIANT! LOL

He is more funny than the comedians in the comedy club! Check your

FUNTIMES and go early! It fills up quickly!

If you are going to Grand Cayman, I recommend the Deluxe Stingray excursion through Carnival. The boat has stairs on the back, instead of a ladder, and you can take your own pics!

13) Decorate your door. Its easier to find your cabin!

14) In the Main Dining Room-Warm Chocolate Melting Cake-aka Mickey Mouse- So YUMMY!!!

15) Take sample sized bottles in a ziplock bag, of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. I am not fond of the ones provided in the cabins.

16) Boca Clips are great for drying wet clothes on your balcony. Clip them to the chairs and they hold tight, even in the wind. LOL

Like I said, we LOVED the Magic, and cannot wait to go again. Please ask any questions you like.

One of our favorite things on the Magic was the spa. Loved the steam rooms, heated tile loungers and thelosotherapy pool!

Loved the Steakhouse and if she is a foodie (or just hungry lol) go to the cooking demo in the Steakhouse. It was like being at Food Network show and you got to sample everything they were making. Loved it!

Loved the cooking demonstration! I will always attend that in the future. Also loved the lunch option in the Italian Restaurant as well as the dinner. Everything was so good along with the service. We also enjoyed the Martini Tasting!!

I love the Magic! It's my we favorite ship! Don't miss the Bar-b-que starboard side on sea days yummy!

The Italian restaurant is free during lunch and only $12.00 at night. The steakhouse is so worth the money !! Breakfast in the dinning room is great too! OMG I so want to go again!! Too bad my next Magic isn't till next year. I think they will love the ship!

Will you tell me your favorite things about the Carnival Magic??

Thank you!

The Lanai! You can walk around the ship completely without ever having to go inside or up and down stairs. I love it and I love that the Ocean Plaza opens up to the Lanai on both sides.

Love the decor.

Love the waterslides.

Love the big screen--don't miss watching a movie under the stars!

The Lanai! You can walk around the ship completely without ever having to go inside or up and down stairs. I love it and I love that the Ocean Plaza opens up to the Lanai on both sides.

Love the decor.

Love the waterslides.

Love the big screen--don't miss watching a movie under the stars!

What is the Lanai? ( and hello to a fellow Zonie ! )

I didn't make it to all the shows, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I did enjoy the ones I did go to. I am easily entertained though....

I enjoyed:

The Grooveline show

Destination: Unknown (had Jason Byrne doing magic - if choice be sure to go to this show instead of a Night of Magic with Mark Miller).

I also went to most of the Adult Comedy Shows. 4 different comedians throughout the week and a different show even when it was the same comedian. I would think it would be different comedians but we enjoyed Steve White, Tony Esposito, and Cowboy Bill Martin. Especially Steve White! Mike Lukas had some good jokes but unfortunately had some bombs also - felt sorry for him. Adult shows aren't just for 18 & up - please listen to advisement that they aren't for the easily offended either!

Get there 30 minutes early for a good seat (and maybe even for just A seat).

What is the Lanai? ( and hello to a fellow Zonie ! )

Hey, Zonie,:D

It's a fancy name for a deck, which acts like a patio or walkway all the way around the ship. It's great for exercising because you can walk around and around without obstructions and the view is good from there. You can also access the Ocean Plaza which is a public area in the middle of the ship where there is a small open lounge, a dessert and coffee bar and tables to play cards.

Around the ship on the Lanai are several big hot tubs that kind of project over the side.

Hey, Zonie,:D

It's a fancy name for a deck, which acts like a patio or walkway all the way around the ship. It's great for exercising because you can walk around and around without obstructions and the view is good from there. You can also access the Ocean Plaza which is a public area in the middle of the ship where there is a small open lounge, a dessert and coffee bar and tables to play cards.

Around the ship on the Lanai are several big hot tubs that kind of project over the side.

That is very cool.. thank you so much - I can't wait !!!!