travel iron

madfisher

A big strike against X in my book. Sorry, loyal X cruisers.

Loyal Celebrity and Royal Caribbean cruisers have known for over two decades that self-laundry facilities are not available. I believe that HAL also has not included them in ships built since the beginning of the new millennium (the age, not the ship) (vista-class ships..)

If it's essential, you just have to pick a different cruise experience..

My DH and DS ALWAYS try to get their irons on board. Now they don't want to travel Celebrity because they had to surrender their irons and go to the Naughty Room to get their luggage! :mad:

I still love Celebrity and can't wait to get back on the Big X!!!

It begs the question.. Why are Celebrity so anal when it comes to irons? They expect us to be smartly dressed every night, and have 2 or more formal nights per cruise where we really need to dress up.

Do they think clothes iron themselves???

It has absolutely nothing to do with being anal. NO cruise line allows passengers to bring their own irons, due to fire hazard. What you don't realize is that the electrical systems on cruise ships are very delicate, and if one passenger brings an iron that isn't functioning properly, it could very easily start an electrical fire. It's the same with steamers. A poorly functioning one could draw too much power that the system can't handle.

My DH and DS ALWAYS try to get their irons on board. Now they don't want to travel Celebrity because they had to surrender their irons and go to the Naughty Room to get their luggage! :mad:

I still love Celebrity and can't wait to get back on the Big X!!!

Your HUSBAND and SON want to bring irons???

I figure if we're all equally wrinkled it won't matter much. I have accumulated clothing that packs well (i.e. small and non-wrinkly) and other than a few specific items that do need pressing, I don't stress at all. The $10 I spend for those two items (which are free now that I'm Elite) is well worth not lugging an iron, for goodness sake!!

I don't understand the mania some people have for ironing! :eek: I never iron at home. If something stays in the dryer too long, I just wet it down and put it back in and remember to take it out right away the second time.

Once when my DD was visiting me and wanted to press some dress-up clothes for Easter, it took a while for me to remember where I'd stashed the iron. After searching the laundry room for several minutes, I came up with it, lol.

Irons and steamers are considered fire hazards and I think it's good that they are banned.

The wrinkle release spray works well. Loosen up! Life's too short to worry about ironing. :D

Travel irons are no more unsafe than hair curlers, hair straighteners or hairdryers......is it just a ploy for us to pay for laundry service...I guess it is........they obviously prefer to see their passengers in creased clothes haha:D

Travel irons are no more unsafe than hair curlers, hair straighteners or hairdryers......is it just a ploy for us to pay for laundry service...I guess it is........they obviously prefer to see their passengers in creased clothes haha:D

And the stuff about the electrical circuits being more delicate is hot air.

Very true but if they outlawed hair appliances there wouldn't be a woman on this planet that would sail with them and then the men married to them wouldn't sail either, so there goes their clientele! Irons are eaiser to say no to...:D

I disagree. Curling irons and hair dryers are used in the bathroom or near the desk on hard surfaces that don't burn easily. Most people don't leave a hair dryer running when not in use. It's very apparent when it is not turned off. An iron that is not used on an ironing board may be used in areas where there are textiles that can easily burn. An iron can also easily fall over on a moving ship. I don't know about anyone else but the only time I've seen a flammable surface burned is by an iron, not one of the other appliances.

There have been several times when I saw a post from someone who said that they were going to smuggle an iron on board that I have found their roll call and posted who was going to do it.

If I find out you're bringing an iron, I'll rat you out.

I'd rather be wrinkled than charred.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I am so happy to go on a cruise and NOT cook, clean, load the dishwasher, do laundry and IRON! Thank God, we are not allowed to do those things. I don't even want to take the cooking classes. I just want to lie in the sun with a good book or eat a lovely dinner and go to a great show. (Amazingly, few wrinkles ever occur. I think the sea air makes them fall out.) Just enjoy your trip and being away from all the work.

38 cruises since 1978....many different shipping lines......only one fire and that was caused by a careless smoker........have taken my travel iron every time. On Arcadia this year for eight weeks and steward gave me an iron and ironing board to use in the cabin..........will not take travel iron onto Celebrity (first cruise with them)but if I did I would fold up a bath towel and put on top of coffee table to iron on........sorry.....do not like creased clothes so guess laundry will be my only answer.

I don't understand the mania some people have for ironing! :eek: I never iron at home. If something stays in the dryer too long, I just wet it down and put it back in and remember to take it out right away the second time.

Once when my DD was visiting me and wanted to press some dress-up clothes for Easter, it took a while for me to remember where I'd stashed the iron. After searching the laundry room for several minutes, I came up with it, lol.

Irons and steamers are considered fire hazards and I think it's good that they are banned.

The wrinkle release spray works well. Loosen up! Life's too short to worry about ironing. :D

Hahaha. I'm very similar. I had to iron for a wedding not too long ago. Took a bit to find it, and when I did the kids asked me what it was!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Archived