New Orleans Expert needed

Psweets

Hi, I am planning a cruise on Carnival Dream next July and we are leaving out of New Orleans. We will be flying in a couple days early and am looking for a hotel that is reasonable priced with transportation to the port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pam

I do business in NOLA and stay down there at least 3 nights a month. I personally prefer the Convention Center / Arts District area. It is quiet and safe and a reasonable walk to the French Quarter

I use price-line for all of my bookings in NOLA. If you have the price-line APP on your phone and then put in your dates and it will pull up all the retail rates. Then pres on the Express Deals. It will list all the different areas and prices for each particular star level.

I always go for a 3 star in the Convention Center Area and I rarely pay more than $55. I stayed at the Springhill on St Joseph earlier this month for $52.

Great hotels in this area include Residence Inn on St Joseph, Springhill on St Joseph, Courtyard on Julia St., Hilton Garden Inn and Hyatt Place. I have stayed at all of these for less than $55 on Express Deals. My favorite was the Hyatt Place, great modern hotel across the street from the Convention Center ( the port is directly behind the Convention Center).

Transportation to the port will be a $7 cab ride...you can also walk.

I do business in NOLA and stay down there at least 3 nights a month. I personally prefer the Convention Center / Arts District area. It is quiet and safe and a reasonable walk to the French Quarter

I use price-line for all of my bookings in NOLA. If you have the price-line APP on your phone and then put in your dates and it will pull up all the retail rates. Then pres on the Express Deals. It will list all the different areas and prices for each particular star level.

I always go for a 3 star in the Convention Center Area and I rarely pay more than $55. I stayed at the Springhill on St Joseph earlier this month for $52.

Great hotels in this area include Residence Inn on St Joseph, Springhill on St Joseph, Courtyard on Julia St., Hilton Garden Inn and Hyatt Place. I have stayed at all of these for less than $55 on Express Deals. My favorite was the Hyatt Place, great modern hotel across the street from the Convention Center ( the port is directly behind the Convention Center).

Transportation to the port will be a $7 cab ride...you can also walk.

I just checked using the app and the Express Deals and the best price that I've found for this part of NOLA is $112. Am I looking at it correctly?

I think that if you are booking now for travel next July, you will not get a really great deal.

For example...I am going to be in NOLA on Monday night 8/26 and I just booked an express deal on a 3.5 star for $58. If I look at a similar date almost a year away...its $109.

My wife and I book weekend trips all the time like this but usually only a week or two ahead.

I think that if you are booking now for travel next July, you will not get a really great deal.

For example...I am going to be in NOLA on Monday night 8/26 and I just booked an express deal on a 3.5 star for $58. If I look at a similar date almost a year away...its $109.

My wife and I book weekend trips all the time like this but usually only a week or two ahead.

I was looking for this coming Saturday, 08/25, but realized that I had clicked three star rather than 3.5 stars. Made a big difference.

Archived