Christmas markets air fare

lizglea

Viking air was 647 from NYC with a 200 add on for Nashville, or 847 from ATL, nonstop and includes transfers. We got great departure times and seats.

It is actually free now: for Danube and Rhine cruises. It was their July promo for Nov/Dec this year, but not sure if it is still valid in August.

It is actually free now: for Danube and Rhine cruises. It was their July promo for Nov/Dec this year, but not sure if it is still valid in August.

From what I recall it was only free if you booked a suite but very good reductions offered for other cabin types depending upon type booked. We booked Heart of Germany Cat B (Veranda) and got airfare for $399 RT/pp from ATL (would have been $199 if flying from Northeast cities BOS, NYC, PHL, PIT).

From what I recall it was only free if you booked a suite but very good reductions offered for other cabin types depending upon type booked. We booked Heart of Germany Cat B (Veranda) and got airfare for $399 RT/pp from ATL (would have been $199 if flying from Northeast cities BOS, NYC, PHL, PIT).

That's what I thought too. However Viking exceeded my expectations: free air out of BOS, NYC, PHL, PIT with any type of cabin!

But again it was back in July: not sure if that promo is still valid. Another thing I know for sure now: I will never ever book anything upfront. Only 2-3 months before the cruise.

Every once in a while someone will ask about using cruise air and if a company's air involves many stopovers.

Viking ran a promo this past June so we booked a Christmas cruise with free air included and just got our air itinerary. The free air was included no matter which room you paid for but most were already sold out.

I usually research and book my own air but have used VRC air two times and both times the air turned out to be what I would have picked. We are flying Bos-Zurich-Nuremberg on Swiss and returning Frankfurt - Bos on Lufthansa departing Frankfurt at 11:25am.

• 5 weeks later...

We just received our flights for Heart of Germany in December and are very pleased with them. Connection through Amsterdam from Atlanta going to Nuremberg (Delta/KLM) and nonstop on DL from Frankfurt to Atlanta returning home. We have 2 hours in Amsterdam on our connection which is perfect, built in time for delays but not to long if on time. Like jacksonnh, would have been what we would have booked ourselves.

We have only an hour and 15 min between our arrival in Amsterdam and departure for Budapest. Does anyone out there know if we have to go through customs and pick up our luggage? We will be really pushing to make our flight.

We have only an hour and 15 min between our arrival in Amsterdam and departure for Budapest. Does anyone out there know if we have to go through customs and pick up our luggage? We will be really pushing to make our flight.

Had the same connection time in July. Amsterdam was a nightmare. Only had 1 hour/15 minutes layover and had to go through customs, luggage search and long lines. Just did make it in time. Of course, this was the peak of tourist season.

Every once in a while someone will ask about using cruise air and if a company's air involves many stopovers.

Viking ran a promo this past June so we booked a Christmas cruise with free air included and just got our air itinerary. The free air was included no matter which room you paid for but most were already sold out.

I usually research and book my own air but have used VRC air two times and both times the air turned out to be what I would have picked. We are flying Bos-Zurich-Nuremberg on Swiss and returning Frankfurt - Bos on Lufthansa departing Frankfurt at 11:25am.

Booked a July 2013 cruise in September 2012. Booked air fare on my own and it was very pricey. Booked a November 2013 cruise in July 2013, and the air fare through VRC was next to nothing.

We just received our flights for Heart of Germany in December and are very pleased with them. Connection through Amsterdam from Atlanta going to Nuremberg (Delta/KLM) and nonstop on DL from Frankfurt to Atlanta returning home. We have 2 hours in Amsterdam on our connection which is perfect, built in time for delays but not to long if on time. Like jacksonnh, would have been what we would have booked ourselves.

Waiting on my documents for November. When you received your flights from VRC for December, did you receive paper documents or an email with just the flight information? Just curious... as this is first time we booked air with VRC.

I checked with my cruise company A-Rosa for a round trip from Tampa to Frankfurt; saved around $300 using United airlines booking it myself. Plus I picked my seats, got a free checked bag, and miles.

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Waiting on my documents for November. When you received your flights from VRC for December, did you receive paper documents or an email with just the flight information? Just curious... as this is first time we booked air with VRC.

Received our flight information in email from Travel Agent who received it from Viking. If you booked with TA, check with them, if directly with Viking, give them a call. As I recall from the last cruise, the actual cruise documentation packet itself arrives about 3 weeks prior to the cruise. But your flight information should be available sooner than that and once your flights are known, then you can work on your seat assignments if you do not like what has been assigned.

This thread has been great! I've wondered about the included air on the river cruises, especially Viking.

Does anyone know if Viking charges any extra if you extend your stay on either end and if so, how much? I really want to do the Med on an ocean cruise next summer but right now the airfare is exorbitant. My back up plan is a Christmas market river cruise which should be a lot more affordable.

This thread has been great! I've wondered about the included air on the river cruises, especially Viking.

Does anyone know if Viking charges any extra if you extend your stay on either end and if so, how much? I really want to do the Med on an ocean cruise next summer but right now the airfare is exorbitant. My back up plan is a Christmas market river cruise which should be a lot more affordable.

Check this out: http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/about-your-trip/vikingairplus.aspx

It is called Viking Air Plus and there is an extra fee for city/date deviation.

Archived